Psafe Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
NOTE: Psafe is from Brazil, and currently available only in Brazilian and Spanish languages

From Psafe website, translated by Google:

Browse no banners, pop-ups and invasive ads.
The PSafe WEB comes with the system integrated ad blocker.Thus, the pages will load faster because the banners and ads will not be displayed or downloaded.

Facebook is cleaner without the banners and the YouTube videos start playing immediately, without prior announcements.

Up to 2 times faster.
The Web PSafe been optimized for download speed, and it is up to 2x faster when opening pages accessed much like Globo.com, Facebook and YouTube.

Browse without worry.
The PSafe WEB includes the Online Protection ®, the award winning Antivirus antiphishing the PSafe to malicious sites are blocked, and its system security and privacy are always guaranteed.

Float Video
Highlight the frame of the video and keep watching while you browse.

Dual-core
Depending on the page you are accessing the Web PSafe adjusting the rendering engine from IE and Webkit (Trident).

Gestures
Nimbly navigate using mouse gestures, customizable.

Smart address bar
Start typing to access recent or favorite websites and make direct searches in the address bar.

=============================================

As you can see, its features are similar to Maxthon Browser, only, Psafe is a little faster.

Psafe also has: Psafe Antivirus (with BitDefender engine) and PC Suite (Optimizer)
http://www.psafe.com/web/

Thanks!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
I'll report the false positive to Emsisoft.

Edit: It's undetected according to VirusTotal. Is your database up-to-date?
I can confirm: I have emsisoft on my computer and I can access the site freely - It's not only undetected in VirusTotal - The database is probably not up-to-date as Malware1 said

(Database updated 2 minutes ago)

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
PSafe is another company that bundles their products (I've seen the PSafe Antivirus) in other program's setups by PUP tactics. Maybe that's why Emsisoft blocked it.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.