Psafe Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
PSafe is another company that bundles their products (I've seen the PSafe Antivirus) in other program's setups by PUP tactics. Maybe that's why Emsisoft blocked it.
Well most things try to bundle everything.

Reactions: Venustus

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
PSafe is another company that bundles their products (I've seen the PSafe Antivirus) in other program's setups by PUP tactics. Maybe that's why Emsisoft blocked it.
..pero PSafe damenos Espanol y regalos de los PUPs en un packette!;)
Translated: "..but PSafe gives us Spanish & gifts of PUPS in one package!":D

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
No, you don't see Avast or AVG, etc, antivirus bundled inside an ImgBurn installer, or anything like that. At least I've never seen that. Making people install an antivirus just as if it were nothing on the system is potentially dangerous, especially because people may already have one installed, so that's two already, and then maybe you already got Baidu without asking for it, then you get PSafe too, and what if that is the third AV in your system? You see my point?

Antiviruses are supposed to rid the user of unwanted and malicious programs, not to be a nuisance themselves. But that's just my opinion.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Jaspion, thank you for the information on Psafe Browser. I am going to stay away from it period!
Both Emsisoft Anti-malware & Malwarebtyes Anti-malware block the links. Also,Cats-4_Owners-2,
how is Cyberfox and Palemoon going on your PC?

I still have the Browsers, below:
> Maxthon Browser
> Yandex Browser
> Internet Explorer Version 11

They are working well but, I am always looking to better my PC, without question.:)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
I'm from Brazil, I know well that PSafe, and a somewhat dubious company has been growing lately, do not give me confidence, and as a company that makes a disclosure of their products in a very aggressive way, it scares the products of the impression of being associated with Adware. We have the best browsers on the market ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.