removing muvic toolbar program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper106

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I reclicked on the link and got what you got. I have no idea what I did. Attached is log.

Jasper106

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I haven't downloaded the driver yet. However, my computer is freezing in Word and Internet Explorer and we haven't downloaded anything besides those programs. Any ideas? Downloading/installing driver now. Good grief that muvic really messed with my computer.

Jasper106

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
It said that Download will not complete because it doesn't allow links from outside the site. "You were linked to this download from a site outside of AMD.comSince we do not allow downloads through sites outside of AMD.com, please download your file directly from our site. We want to make sure you have the right driver for your device and operating system. Choose your product and operating system on the AMD Driver Download page or use the AMD Driver Autodetect to obtain the correct driver for your device."

also, I uninstalled that other program from before that you advised I uninstalled.

Jasper106

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
There were errors...
Existing packages
AMD Catalyst Install Manager
AMD APP SDK Runtime
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
Catalyst Control Center
Packages for install
AMD Catalyst Install Manager
Final Status:Fail
Version of Item:8.0.916.0
Size:20 Mbytes
HDMI Audio Driver
Final Status:Success
Version of Item:7.12.0.7718
Size:1 Mbytes
AMD Gaming Evolved App
Final Status:Success
Version of Item:1.10.000
Size:49 Mbytes

Other detected devices
ManufacturerAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Device ID0xaa90
Vendor ID0x1002
Class Code0x040300
Revision ID0x00
Subsystem ID0xaa90
Subsystem vendor ID0x1028

Error messages
Application Install: install package failure!

Jasper106

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
automatic driver updates are not supported for your video card...was the msg that I got from AMD gaming evolved

Jasper106

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I got a popup that said display driver unistaller is modifying your registry a lot. DDU will try to automatically create a system restore point (normal mode only.)

Jasper106

Thread author
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I did that. When it restarted my screen resolution was 600 x 800, so I had to change it to 1024 x 768.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.