Serious Discussion Security Types: Which are you?

Practical Response

Level 9
Thread author
Mar 10, 2024
Several years ago I tortured my computer with a combination of AV with 2 engines (TrustPort) + Emsisoft Mamutu (behavior blocker) + Zemana AntiLogger + Sandboxie (10 sandboxes with different settings) + Shadowdefender.
Occasionally, I used some advanced tools (AVZ Antiviral Toolkit, PowerTool, Universal Virus Sniffer, Security Task Manager), on-demand scanners (HitmanPro, NPE), and backup tools (Macrium Reflect).
My computer needed about 5 minutes to restart. I was very happy.:)

I used those security layers because I liked using them and had the satisfaction that I could recognize advanced attacks and persistent malware. It was a kind of sport, education, and self-betterment.
Must have been way before this Linked Time Period where you state these below.

"Many MT readers install/uninstall several security solutions. This usually has an impact on system stability (due to system leftovers or overkill setup). The average users do not do such things, so they can be safer against broken Windows Updates and system crashes."

"MT readers can spend many hours a day while browsing and trying new applications. So, they can be in danger more often than average users."

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I am probably not a good example in this thread. Although my primary computer is secured by Windows default settings, I also use two other computers that have Fort Knox security. One computer is a media center and the second I use when traveling.
My computers are secured as much as possible without losing convenience.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.