Shocker: Almost Nobody Uses Microsoft's Edge Windows 10 Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin_C

Level 1
Verified
Mar 10, 2015
..... is a huge security risk.

Using Edge is a really bad idea from a security perspective; I would bet its protections turn out to be inadequate - even for a Windows App. Right now, it just can't be trusted .....

It has been a while since I was last logged in here, so was quickly looking though a few posts here and there and this caught my attention.

Considering that Appcontainer in Windows 10 in which Edge are running, are highly restricted in system access and very well isolated, I must say I find your statement intriguing.

In order for anyone to make such statement as yours, you would have had to have conducted intense research, found numerous flaws, documented everything and written proof-of-concept code to validate your claims.

Otherwise it's just hearsay based on fantasies.

Would you be so kind and share your research and proof-of-concept code with us ???

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone!

Edge is a good try from Microsoft IMHO, they technically did a good job (I especially appreciate the legacy code cleaning they've made), some useful settings are already available, and the browser is fast and responsive. Yet, like many of you, I'm looking forward to be able to use extensions such as uBlock Origin to use Edge more frequently (meanwhile, blocking via hosts file could be an Okay workaround), and global improvements.

Meanwhile, I'll keep using Opera as my main browser. (Opera 32 will be a very good version once it'll be Stable :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.