Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Just wondering, why didn't you like Adguard? Were you just using the browser extension, or Adguard 6.0, the desktop version? I run it with uBlock Origin, and they make a fine team.

I've used only the Adguard (browser extension) and it has worked well.
but with uBlock Origin (advanced-user mode) you can also block scripts.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Awesome update, and solid overall config! :p

How do you feel about Opera? I had it as a backup browser for a while until it felt redundant so I removed it.

I am happy with Opera! very fast and no crashes :)

Also, generally speaking, make sure that you have at least one clean, full system backup image created with AOMEI Backupper Standard so that you can restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that system image.
This is very important and it should be your first line of defense against any issues you may encounter on your system.
(sorry about this ranting, I just got used to posting this piece of advice in everyone's configuration :D)

You are absolutely right. a clean system image/backup are the most important thing for me! ;)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I am happy with Opera! very fast and no crashes :)
Interesting. I might give it a try again, I tried its Android version and it ran really smoothly. :p

You are absolutely right. a clean system image/backup are the most important thing for me! ;)
Same here. :p Whenever I setup a friend's computer, I always created a backup image of it in case the user wanted me to fix it.
Every time they came back with software issues, I told them to backup their personal files on the spot and then I would restore their system from a backup image in ~15 minutes. They were surprised every time. :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
silversurfer, thank you for sharing. I like your configuration. Truly!
If fact, it is akin to waking up, looking into the mirror (btw, I too am also still with 8.1) to find I'm not only feeling lighter but I'm :eek:better looking too!:rolleyes:
So, of course I had to celebrate by having last night's pizza for breakfast!:p:D Like your config with Opera, uBlock Origin, Zemana, HMP Alert, + your backup plan, it's even better than it was before!:cool:

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.