Slimboat Browser (Fast, Secure, Powerful)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
FreddyFreeloader said:
Does this browser have any type of phishing, malware, download protection?

It uses Google Safe Browsing, has Adblock with several blocklists available to choose from, Download Control options which can block pictures, plugins, Javascript, Java Applets and Flash player objects. You can setup your AV to scan your download folder but your AV's real-time protection should detect any malware once it loads into system memory.

I really wished it would include WOT or Webutation.

It can automatically clean all privacy issues when browser closes and includes its own secure password manager and download manager that supports video sites and has basic conversions.

Thanks. :D

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
The visual browser is very ugly. He does not have a unique identity.

The browser lacks basic resources considered nowadays as research done directly in the address bar. You must click in the search box on the side - which is not difficult, although not as practical.

But one of the best advantages of SlimBoat is that it is really fast. But as fast as Firefox and greater than or equal to Chrome. Both open pages to load as the content of sites already open, the browser is efficient.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Windows XP of my parent's!
Using Webroot SecureAnyWhere

Install last night! In Hotmail.com/outlook in my E-mail Account.
I can not put a check in the onces,that I would like to delete
in my E-mail. As far as the E-mail that I recieve.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
I looked in their forums for a spell check - does Slimboat have a spell check? That would be a deal breaker for me if it doesn't.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Work very well on newer PC's! Now, on Windows XP it will not work correctly.
Install Mozilla FireFox with the following Extensions:

BlueHell Firewall
Click&Clean
PrivDog
Secure Sanitizer
Self-Destructing Cookies

Any Suggestions?

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
In SlimBoat/Appdata/LocalStorage folder: I have deleted all files - evercookies from the sites visited by me .. It's easy.

So remove these persisting cookies, if you wish.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Just wondering how SlimBoat Browser compare to Epic Browser? As far as privacy and removing cookies ect.?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Moose said:
Just wondering how SlimBoat Browser compare to Epic Browser? As far as privacy and removing cookies ect.?

As already stated SlimBoat can wipe all privacy issues automatically when you close the browser if you set the option.

Epic Browser is a joke, simply because they fail to keep the Chromium core updated, the current core version used on the latest version is v.29.0.3.0 the latest Chromium version is v.30.0.1599.101. It doesn't make any difference what security and privacy features are added when the core has open vulnerabilities not patched. That would be like putting an electric fence around your house for protection and leave the gate wide open for anyone to easily come in.

Posted by FreddyFreeloader - Today 12:33 PM
I looked in their forums for a spell check - does Slimboat have a spell check? That would be a deal breaker for me if it doesn't.

I did not find a spell checker for SlimBoat unless I'm over looking something, however their other browser based on Trident engine SlimBrowser has a spell checker, maybe they just haven't got around to adding that feature.

Enjoy!! :D

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Slimboat Browser (Fast, Secure, Powerful) What other browser would suggest? Tomorrow morning I will switch
to a different browser. Too bad it will not work on my parents older Windows XP.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Good Morning,

Tried Slimboat Browser (Fast, Secure, Powerful) this morning on the Windows 8.1 Pro.
When to go to my Hotmail/Outlook Account and got an errors. So, I will give a month
or two and try again. Just not working out at this point. Sorry! Going Mozilla Firefox for
now!

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Moose said:
Good Morning,

Tried Slimboat Browser (Fast, Secure, Powerful) this morning on the Windows 8.1 Pro.
When to go to my Hotmail/Outlook Account and got an errors. So, I will give a month
or two and try again. Just not working out at this point. Sorry! Going Mozilla Firefox for
now!

I think the SlimBrowser is directed for old laptops and they run with less than 1 Gb RAM.

I ´v got a old toshiba pc from 2003 and i´ll install the Avast v 8.0 and of course the Slimbrowser, Ccleaner and Iobot Smart defrag.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
flashpeak Mod > Rodrigo
• a month ago

We will continue to maintain SlimBoat. But we have found that the QT webkit engine used by SlimBoat has many bugs and performance issues. There doesn't seem to be enough efforts from Digia (who owns QT now) to fix the problems in a reasonable time frame. That clearly has limited the popularity and reach of SlimBoat to a large extent. Therefore, we have to switch to Google's webkit engine (now called Blink) which has much fewer bugs and higher performance.

http://www.slimjet.com/

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I was going to ask about the engine, thanks FreddyFreeloader. I used this browser some months ago, and was equally impressed with its speed, simplicity and features. But my enthusiasm soon faded because I found sites that were not working with it – don't ask me which, I don't remember.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Sleipnir for Windows also recently ditched QT Webkit engine and switch to Google's Blink engine. It now supports Blink, IE7 compatible and IE10 engines for those website that fail to load correctly with one of the rendering engines just click the engine logo and it changes on the fly without having to restart.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Littlebits said:
Sleipnir for Windows also recently ditched QT Webkit engine and switch to Google's Blink engine. It now supports Blink, IE7 compatible and IE10 engines for those website that fail to load correctly with one of the rendering engines just click the engine logo and it changes on the fly without having to restart.

So this morning I downloaded the portable version of Sleipnir 432 .. And I'm not pleased. Because many Japanese descriptions in here and there .. and I do not know Japanese, sorry!
The portable folder had 132 MB initially, and after one or two small customizations by me - grew to 236 MB ..
So, mainly because of not understanding some of functions not described in English, but in Japanese - I deleted Sleipnir folder ...

Uh oh

elizabethking0

Nov 2, 2013
According to this post (http://www.slimbrowser.net/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=97569) , FlashPeak does plan to migrate the engine of SlimBoat from QtWebkit to QtWebEngine which will be based on Google's Blink. It probably depends on how soon Digia (the company behind QT) releases the QtWebEngine.

FreddyFreeloader said:
flashpeak Mod > Rodrigo
• a month ago

We will continue to maintain SlimBoat. But we have found that the QT webkit engine used by SlimBoat has many bugs and performance issues. There doesn't seem to be enough efforts from Digia (who owns QT now) to fix the problems in a reasonable time frame. That clearly has limited the popularity and reach of SlimBoat to a large extent. Therefore, we have to switch to Google's webkit engine (now called Blink) which has much fewer bugs and higher performance.

http://www.slimjet.com/

elizabethking0

Nov 2, 2013
The same developer is going to make another browser (Slimjet) based on chromium Blink engine according to http://www.slimjet.com .

tapoo said:
^^ 2 browser with nearly same name, very confusing, even i thought that this the browser i tried some months ago. After your post i noticed its BOAT not Browser !!!! Even they looks quite similar .

just found this link,
http://www.flashpeak.com/
they are maker for both Slimboat Browser and SlimBrowser!!!.

Ok got the differences:
Slimbrowser using Trident [IE] engine, and SlimBoat Browser is using WebKit [old Chrome] engine, and Slimboat can be installed in linux/MAC.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Jaspion wrote: 'I found sites that were not working with it – don't ask me which, I don't remember.'

- Yes, this same problem I have with the latest version v1.1.44 - it would not work with Google page, nor Lukol page ..
With click on Google search tab, I get this message:
'Unable to open this page: https://www.google.bs/webhp?hl=en&tab=ww
Error message: Error creating SSL context ()
Please make sure the address is typed correctly.
Check your network connection if there is nothing wrong with the address.
Check your firewall settings and make sure this address isn't blocked.'

With Lukol (lukol.com) search engine, it found ads only, no results of queries.

But precedent version v1.1.29 works very good, no problems!
So you search on the Web this precedent SlimBOAT version ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.