Solved Snapdo 99% Removed, Help Needed with other 1%

oraswan

Thread author
Jun 29, 2014
Snapdo is nothing if not persistent. Running Windows 8: here's things I've done:
  • In Windows Explorer, deleted all the references to snapdo or smartbar anywhere on the computer, including under the Appdata folder and Program Files (x86), including hidden and system folders.
  • Reset both Chrome and Internet Explorer.
  • Used Malwarebytes to quarantine several registry items.
  • Scoured (as best as I could?) the Registry for search related items, particularly in internet explorer and only removed what was recommended by malwaretips.com's forum topic on the subject, which I read in full.
  • Used AdwCleaner to finally rid IE of the Snapdo add-on (which persisted after reset, unable to remove in IE, even while running extoff).
  • Used Hitman, to remove a few more registry keys.
After all of this, when I use the Control Panel to Uninstall Programs, Snap.Do Engine is still there (no icon, probably because I deleted it). When I click on uninstall/change, nothing happens at all. Snap.Do Engine by ReSoft Ltd., installed 6/28/2014, version 11.77.1.17697.

I believe I acquired this via an installation of DaemonToolsLite, one slipup of a click and my entire Sunday went down the drain...

Please help.

Questions that come to mind for me:
  • Is there something I missed? Some more registry keys?
  • What specifically makes programs show in the uninstall list?
I have a feeling I may have licked Snap.Do and this is a residual, but either way, I can't rest until that sucker is off the list. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20140628SnapDoWontUninstall.jpg
    20140628SnapDoWontUninstall.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 85

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.