Removal of Snapdo

alm260

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2014
There's is now no uninstall button under any of my programs in the control panel except for the Google Chrome program. The option/button to remove programs was there before this virus (at least last time I checked).

alm260

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2014
As you can see in image1, when I highlight a program, there is no "remove" button. But in Image2, when I click on the Google Chrome software, the "remove" button appears. There should be a remove button for each program so I can remove it. I'm just wondering if this bug messed this up?

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 76

g3n-h@ckm@n

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2014
Windows Key(between ctrl & alt) + "R" , type regedit

in the registry Editor , expand

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\Software
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Uninstall

right clip on uninstall => export => to your desktop with the name you want

attach it (if the "reg" extension doesn't work to attach , change it by "txt")

Last edited:

g3n-h@ckm@n

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2014
Ok I don't see what it could be ,Also if it's not a malware-related issue I redirect you here, where it's more possible to do something :

http://malwaretips.com/forums/troubleshooting-software-hardware-issues.18/

Just to finish and clean the tools :

download Delfix and check all and execute :

http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/9-delfix

=========

Download Unchecky : http://unchecky.com/files/unchecky_setup.exe

and install it , it will automatically uncheck the toolbars and unwanted programs when you will install something downloaded on the net.

==========

Look in your start menu / programs / Windows Updates to see if there's nothing which waits to be downloaded and installed(take all , but not languages packages or bing desktop)

===========

Run again Shortcut_Module and click on the little "U" on the right of my pseudo , it'll remove all the traces of the soft

Last edited:

alm260

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2014
"Run again Shortcut_Module and click on the little "U" on the right of my pseudo , it'll remove all the traces of the soft" ????

Sorry, got a lot on my plate that's stressing me out right now and then dealing with the issues on my computers... Can you explain how to do that? I'm not following what your saying. Sorry if you've previously told me.

alm260

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2014
I did run it, it rebooted my computer. But then where is this "U" button to totally uninstall it? I don't see it. It rebooted back to my desktop.

alm260

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2014
Or are you referring to my laptop to uninstall that snapdo from my programs in my Control Panel? You didn't answer on that thread so now I'm totally confused.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.