Stas config

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Personally think than only ESS its necessary because isn't a good idea run 2 AV at same time, HitmanPRO &/or Zemana Antimalware / MBAM are good for on demand scanners. You can use only Zemana AM + HitmanPRO or MBAM + HitmanPRO. Thanks for sharing your Config! :)

Reactions: tonibalas

Stas

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Well i dont have any problems running ESET & Emsisoft together, my pc runs very fast and i have a lot of ram I set Emsisoft file guard to fast and witelist ESET processes files and witelist Emsisoft processes files in ESET + i can shut down Emsisoft protection any time. I like to have a backup scanner in case ESET fails to detect a threat and thats where Emsisoft BitDefender engine + BB Blocker comes handy. I fell more secured with ESET signatures and Emsisoft BitDefender engine + BB Blocker.
I Disable UAC because its very annoying my pc runs faster with it disabled no popups, I know its more secured to have it enabled but I rather have more user friendly pc + I havent been infected for more then 10 years and I always have a backup image on my portable hdd just in case.

Reactions: Logethica

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My suggestion is to add another browser chromium based like Slimjet just to be sure in case you have a problem with Firefox
Thanks for sharing your config

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable UAC and use ESS without EAM. They actually do run good together but I would use ESS only for my Real time protection.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well this type of configuration will be considered as unofficial but rather no issues will happen due to the fact its selective features to be on, you may wanted to consult @Umbra Polaris if any suggestions to your multi AV style ;)

Anyway everything are occupied especially backup and recovery which is important. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.