Subforum for Malware Analysis

• Thread starter Deleted member 21043
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author
What about a sub forum for malware analysis?

Basically a subforum for people to learn how to analyse malware. There could be tutorials on using certain tools to monitor malware samples behaviour. Whether it be from watching the dropped files, the folders accessed, the registry keys made, watching connections to the C&C servers (if any)...

In this subforum, people could also request for a sample to be analyzed and have information such as registry keys created/changed, files dropped, processes made, API calls made etc during the execution of the sample and have the log sent back to them, as well as the sample automatically being sent to the Malware Hub if it's malicious.

However I think it being a "educational" area would be better for people than the suggestion in this spoiler. But there could be test samples to help people learn and progress.

If people get really good, they could then start help with the Malware Hub and checking samples? It's like in some forums you learn Malware Removal (e.g. UNITE), and when you get good enough you are permitted to help users with cleaning their system from infections.

Just an idea. :)

It could be a good, educational area to the forum. :)

There would most likely be a lot of helpers, too. There are a lot of knowledgable members on this forum with malware analysis experience who could help out.

Just a suggestion. ;)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
I was also thinking about a similar forum for the Malware Hub. I have created a Malware Analysis forum, now I'm curios to see how this will go.

Malware Analysis: http://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-analysis-reports-help-and-questions.140/

Very important, this forum is not to be used as the Virus Exchange (posting AV results or talking about the results for AV products)... This forum should contain reports about Malware Analysis (Static and/or Dynamic), and questions regarding the Malware Analysis forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.