Techno Mama's Configuration

Techno Mama

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2014
Just had a tricky trojan.msil, so is there anything else I can scan with besides Eset online scanner and my list of goodies? I knew it was there but couldn't find it.

Plus I want strongest av/firewall and FP will make me feel better at this point.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you want strongest AV then go to multi engine like Qihoo 360 or Gdata but you may try to maximize all the settings of your current AV if satisfies your needs.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks, Techno Mama, for sharing your configuration. Our own Windows 7, also (x64) 64-bit is the favorite computer system used in our home beside two other systems, 8.1 & assorted linux distros vying to win the Gold Medal for OS(s)!:p As a person with advanced experience, what I'm about to suggest may not appeal immediately to your sense of independence and knowing ability to both locate and deal with problems yourself. By creating a new thread here:
you may experience a more thorough screening of the trojan than you have been able to fully accomplish on your own. It couldn't hurt, and likewise I had received help from one of our expert volunteer malware eradicators, shortly after joining near the start of the year, for my then XP system which from that point forward performed better until the day it was retired. I hope all goes well with fine tuning your system, then later choosing the AV that right for you!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: tonibalas

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would use MBAM Pro as just an on demand scanner
Add ABD+ & HTTPS Everywhere to FF

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
nice config,my suggestion is to add a password manager to secure your passwords when you are online.
thanks for sharing

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.