Guide | How To Top 5 Useful Add-ons On Mozilla Firefox

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

jkiller

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 31, 2013
Top 5 Useful Add-ons On Mozilla Firefox

1. Adblock Plus
adblock-plus.jpg
: Annoyed by adverts? Troubled by tracking? Bothered by banners? Install Adblock Plus now to regain control of the internet and change the way that you view the web.
HERE to access download page.

2. DownThemAll!
down-them-all.jpg
: DownThemAll is all you can desire from a download manager: it features an advanced accelerator that increases speed up to 4x and it allows you to pause and resume downloads at any time.

3. Greasemonkey
grease-monkey.jpg
Customize the way a web page displays or behaves, by using small bits of JavaScript. Allows you to customize the way a web page displays or behaves, by using small bits of JavaScript.

4. NoScript Security Suite
no-script-scurity-suite.jpg
: The best security you can get in a web browser!
Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect yourself against XSS and

5. Tab Mix Plus
tab-mix-plus.jpg
: Tab Mix Plus enhances Firefox's tab browsing capabilities. It includes such features as duplicating tabs, controlling tab focus, tab clicking options, undo closed tabs and windows, plus much more. It also includes a full-featured session manager.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing these!:) Firefox has been my preferred internet vehicle since the exit of Netscape. I know, "Net.. -what?:rolleyes: I have used both NoScript & Adblocker Plus, & browse more confidently having them on board. Recently I added "Adblock" to my Chrome browser, although I've not had it long enough to compare any difference with it's cousin whose last name is "plus". These beckon me to "Take a Walk on The Wild Side":
"Tab Mix Plus" & especially "Grease Monkey" sound like water slides might feel in the dark ..in the middle of winter!:p
In other words: FUN!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Ghostery and Do Not Track me
are good add-ons
(1) day after adding "Adblock" to Chrome, I also added "Ghostery" based on positive reviews. Thanks @bob974! I've been using DoNotTrackMe too, and use DNTM's 'masked email' too.:cool:

(Updated)
Firefox favorites are:
  1. Lastpass
  2. Self-Destructing Cookies
  3. Ghostery
  4. AdBlock/AdBlock Edge (interchangeably)
  5. NoScript
..and also use
  • DoNotTrackMe /Zenmate (interchangeably)
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • W.O.T.
  • Added: Request Policy
Add-ons are like M&Ms:rolleyes: (or potato chips) ..it's hard to stop!!;)

Last edited:

fearlessscientist

Verified
Sep 10, 2013
My favourites:
1. Adblock Plus
2. Lastpass
3. Self Destructing Cookies (destroys all 3rd party cookies, replacement for Ghostery or DNTMe)
4. Instantfox (makes the awesome bar really awesome)

Reactions: nissimezra

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
My top 5 favorites for security and privacy:
1. Adblock Edge
2. LastPass
3. Flagfox
4. Self Destructing Cookies
5. Webutation

Others:
1. ColorfulTabs
2. Image Zoom
3. Status-4-Evar

Thanks. :D

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
Good information @jkiller!! Thanks for posting!! ;)

Two more good Firefox Add-Ons are: JavaScript Deobfuscator (let's you see what JS is running on what page) and QuickJava (allows you to enable/disable: JavaScript, Java, Flash, SilverLight, Cookies, Automatic Image Loading, Animated Images, and Style--on each web page that you are on. It puts a non-obtrusive bar at the bottom of the web browser, and on the right side of this bar are all the options that you can enable/disable by a single mouse click).

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's been a good few years since ditching Firefox 4 for Chrome, but back then I did use 3 of the 5 mentioned; AdBlock Plus, DTA and NoScript. Good to see those are still popular. However, now that I'm re-trialing Firefox, I only use Adblock Edge, a fork-version of ABP without the whitelist.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Last I heard, the Russian Defense Ministry relies on Dr. Web security. Dr. Web Link Checker is right there with the rest of their security products.

I

illumination

Lastpass
https everywhere
request policy
noscript
adblock plus

There are a couple more i like to use, but it did only say the top 5 ;) :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.