vinylmeister's desktop config

vinylmeister

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
So far, thank you! I'll have a look at PrivaZer. Would you recommend Macrium Reflect free/ AOMEI Backupper more than Image for Windows from TeraByte Unlimited which i use?

Reactions: scot and frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
KIS runs well on Windows 7.I would upgrade to KIS 2016.IMO it runs much better than 2015
I would use MBAM Pro as an on demand scanner as KIS 2015 is more than enough
Consider adding a second browser
Nice config thanks for sharing it :)

Reactions: illumination

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Very nice...! Good setup, nothing to add.

The pro-active part seems a bit on the busy side, with sandboxie (sandboxing), KIS (defending)... I don't think you even need the Exploit or Pro version of MBAM running in realtime, as that takes 100 to 200ks of RAM.

Kapersky and Sandboxie have you covered fine, but you may want to get a second opinion if you decide to change anything. I'm just saying what I would do.

Reactions: JM Safe

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good, Kaspersky 2016 products are not limited in protection whereas if you install on Windows 10 which clearly mentioned on a comprehensive PDF; so considering to grab it. ;)

We should consider the straight to the point method of configuration, MBAM Pro is fine but better to leave it as your on demand scanner. Try to tweak base on your preferences.

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

good choice for Image for Windows

Reactions: scot

vinylmeister

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
Removed KIS 2015, added ESS 8 for some smoother performance.
Added to chrome Cookies, VTchromizer, IP Address and Domain Information

Reactions: Cehson

vinylmeister

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
After encountered bad internet slow downs (regularly only half of my speed) and some missed trojans incoming by e-mail i decided to uninstall eset ss 9. I set up new as following:

Avast Pro Antivirus
Binisoft FWC
Hitman Pro + Alert

With this config i get my best up/download rates so far...

I am thinking about Exe Radar Pro as a additional anti exe or "behaviour blocker". Would you recommend such addition or is it a overkill? Maybe other idea?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.