App Review Webroot SecureAnywhere Test and Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Good:
-Nice UI
-Low memory usage (2MB)
-Url blocking was acceptable
-Very high detection rate 99.9%

Bad:

-User interface is very buggy (you'll see in video)
-Scans computer without user permission or knowledge, which can be annoying.

Overall rating: Excellent -
Three.PNG

Video review:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
great video :cool: I did not like the fact when it's throwing popups for each detection when doing scans :eek:. They should show these details in scan windows :rolleyes: . Extremely irritating :mad: when you plugged one usb stick which has lots of virus.

P.S. -- Damn it's too costly :p

Last edited:
M

MalwareT

Thread author
great video :cool: I did not like the fact when it's throwing popups for each detection when doing scans :eek:. They should show these details in scan windows :rolleyes: . Extremely irritating :mad: when you plugged one usb stick which has lots of virus.

Program has potential, but interface is full of bugs.

Reactions: Anupam

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Compare to nod32 how light it is?
Nod32 if u change default settings is not very light...

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Compare to nod32 how light it is?
Nod32 if u change default settings is not very light...
Lightest av out there. lighter than eset for sure. and ur right, if u change eset settings to max it isnt that light anymore.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
How good is it at detecting PUP's? 99.9% seems incredibly high detection. What about zero day protection?

Reactions: MalwareT

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
File was successfully ran in memory.

Yes it can be, but that is the point, if it is "Monitored" it is crippled and recorded for changes by WSA. (Right click the icon in the taskbar, choose Control Active Processes and you will see if the file is Monitored)
Later when deemed bad, or if you choose to block it, WSA will undo all changes by that file.

/W

Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Sure it's low memory usage but WSA memory leaks in windows 8.1 64 bit plus chances it's can leak another application memory like it did with DFX. the fact is it's eats page file & hide it's actual ram plus as far i know it doesn't have high detection rate but it has capability of good prevention .

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
it doesn't have high detection rate but it has capability of good prevention .

Are you sure about this, because i am not, once journal file (i.e. backup file of WSA) got corrupted then computer is toasted.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I said it has good capability of prevention ,it's rollback feature.Webroot specially create for prevention not detection, go ask Umbra or watch some thread about it. And don't blame a AV since it made ur PC unstable , every AV users faces problems, maybe the bug u faced in webroot before is now fixed . It's better u trust no one & take a backup & next time ur PC won't be a toast anymore.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
sorry to be adamant in replying to your opinion or reply, i know something about WSA i am never trust the reviews only personal experience how it lets you down in desperate times.
ps: sorry i am out of this argument, you may be true to some degree about it, so bye bye bye :D:D:D

Reactions: marg

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I know that, most MT members & aware person don't trust anything untill they don't try itself. Plus it's not my opinion , go to their website & clear ur conclusion wut i'm talking about. Plus we didn't arguing , u just only asked a question. Anyways, goodbye brah, see ya later :)
True. Maybe some other testers don't have a BSOD or freezing when installed but you do. Also it may be the other way around. So in a way, reviews shouldn't convince you to say, "100% okay", instead they should only increase the percentage of the okay side. And it should never be up to 100%, as there are still bad reviews for every product.

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
@Malware Test

It would be appreciated if you test the program while you re offline....for example stick an infected USB to the system

Thanks for the review

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Who is ever offline? Why would you stick an infected USB stick into your pc? Why wouldn't you immunize your stick? Why wouldn't you disable autoruns?

I m sometimes offline...when I carry my laptop somewhere I go and I m not allowed to use their WIFI....I dont think it is strange.

Sometimes I get USB flash from a fiend and it had been infected....Sometimes I got a USB flash which had been sticked to an infected system.

I dont think these cases are rare in real world o_O

Reactions: vrb93

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.