App Review Windows 10 vs the Chaos Scriptor

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
As I’ll be going on a vacation (well deserved) shortly I wanted to present one more Video that is on a topic highly important to me.
A Scriptor series was presented in June that demonstrated that a malicious file could be written that could trash an endpoint by deleting system files even with UAC enabled. An obvious issue is that if such a malicious file was also coded to connect to the Network (worm) an entire organization could be brought down. If that
organization was, for example, an Electric Utility or a Military C&C one can imagine the chaos that would ensue.
Malware such as the one used here has been seen a few times in the past year and has caused much concern. They were created as an AutoIT worm with a Python component (I have coded mine similarly and with a time delay component). This malware type exploits a flaw in Windows seen in Win 8 and below, and through the grapevine I had heard this would be fixed in Windows 10.
We’ll see:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you cruelsister for a test which gives users of Windows 10 a reason to breathe easier and myselfo_O an inexorably persuasive reason to upgrade from 8.1 to 10!:rolleyes:
...plus listening to The Ramones was very cool too.:p

PS Have an enjoyable vacation, and return to us safely!:cool:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Interesting, no wonder when a higher version of OS gives more priority to have protection which users may convince to upgrade on; things need to consider that priorities are meant on such latest than those current ones.

Anyway SmartScreen of Desktop based didn't respond well which makes it more to build fortress through hardening from other alternatives tool.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.