Windows 7 Firewall Detect Outgoing Transmissions?

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Is zone alarm compatible with Win 7 firewall?
so far as i'm know ZA FW compatible..give it a try...

Win 7 Firewall won't detect your outgoing bouce, you should provide third party FireWall, eg Outpost, Comodo, ZA..

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Win 7 Firewall won't detect your outgoing bouce, you should provide third party FireWall, eg Outpost, Comodo, ZA..

wrong, it does

mtf2rHt.jpg

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Worth to read Why you don't need an outbound firewall on your desktop

Like Umbra Polaris said before, windows firewall works better since it's works at kernel level. 3rd party firewall only give you trouble soon or later, and most of them slowing down your internet. I understand some people think windows firewall is not friendly and hard to configure, but actually it is not once we understand about windows firewall advanced settings and it's profile settings, and again..in my opinion if we don't want an application or software running through the internet, the best way to avoid this is just don't install it at the first place :p

D

Deleted member 178

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
@Cowpipe : I can tell by your question that Google Map is your friend ^^

Google Maps give me a rough area of where to search for information. I can then use that information quite carefully to social engineer you :p (though this is only a game, if I was serious there are other more sophisticated attacks based on the fact I now have extensive details about a WIFI network which you trust (as a staff member at MT, you wouldn't connect to a WIFI network you didn't trust and log in to MT) ;)

D

Deleted member 178

Try me :D

"Show your enemy where to see, then they will do what you want they do"

Roughly interpretation from Sun Tzu's Art of War

Hehe ;)

Reactions: Cowpipe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.