Advice Request Windows 8 on laptop in-depth analysis

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Windows 8 on laptop in-depth analysis your new topic here ..

Windows 8 on laptop in-depth analysis : on dotnetcodegeeks.com : http://www.dotnetcodegeeks.com/2012/03/windows-8-on-laptop-in-depth-analysis.html

QUOTE:
'
Having used Windows 8 on one of my laptops for last couple of days, this article would be toned as an essay of what’s there and what’s not rather than just a review. So it would be lengthy and you would require patience to go through this at your own pace. The entire essay is divided in topics so you can skip those that do not interest you!' ..

'It boots fast and takes just over 12 seconds to start, 14 seconds to shutdown which is really amazing! None of the previous Microsoft Operating Systems have started so quickly (except MS-DOS).' - Hmm .. hmm .. My Windows XP SP2 takes 20 seconds to start and 7 seconds to shutdown only .. So ..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Prorootect said:
My Windows XP SP2 takes 20 seconds to start and 7 seconds to shutdown only .. So ..

Your point being?

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'My Windows XP SP2 takes 20 seconds' - after first press the Start button in the morning ..;)
Is this same with Windows 8 '12 seconds?..'

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Everyone's PC will startup and shut down at different times, All depends on hardware and what software you have in your startup list. SSD > HDD

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I didn't realise Windows XP was packed with features like Windows 8, your comparison of an out-dated (possibly lighter) Windows XP OS to Windows 8 doesn't mean anything.

Just like Damn Small Linux vs Ubuntu 11.xx (edit).

The 'Sleep' function is far more efficient for my use. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows 8 made an improvements during boot up and shutdown since they proposed it compared to other older OS, as MrXidus said everything will meet from hardware specifications in order to grant its need.

Also its very normal that a cold bootup occur since it refresh everything before all set.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
I didn't realise Windows XP was packed with features like Windows 8, your comparison of an out-dated (possibly lighter) Windows XP OS to Windows 8 doesn't mean anything.

I agree with you. Windows XP packed with features is equal to Vista lol. Microsoft have made a lot of changes in Windows 8 to improve stability and speed.

Earth said:
Just like Damn Small Linux vs Ubuntu 11.06.
Did you mean Ubuntu 11.04 or 11.10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.