Mini Spy

Latest Threads

Windows 8 on laptop in-depth analysis

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Prorootect, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Prorootect

Prorootect Well-Known Member

Windows 8 on laptop in-depth analysis your new topic here ..

Windows 8 on laptop in-depth analysis : on dotnetcodegeeks.com : http://www.dotnetcodegeeks.com/2012/03/windows-8-on-laptop-in-depth-analysis.html

QUOTE:
    '
    Having used Windows 8 on one of my laptops for last couple of days, this article would be toned as an essay of what’s there and what’s not rather than just a review. So it would be lengthy and you would require patience to go through this at your own pace. The entire essay is divided in topics so you can skip those that do not interest you!' ..

'It boots fast and takes just over 12 seconds to start, 14 seconds to shutdown which is really amazing! None of the previous Microsoft Operating Systems have started so quickly (except MS-DOS).' - Hmm .. hmm .. My Windows XP SP2 takes 20 seconds to start and 7 seconds to shutdown only .. So ..
  2. Huracan

Huracan Administrator MalwareTips Staff

Media:
    Your point being?
  3. WinAndLinuxTutorials

WinAndLinuxTutorials Community Superstar Trusted Member

This may not be up to date as it is on a Windows 8 Developer Preview.
  4. Prorootect

Prorootect Well-Known Member

'My Windows XP SP2 takes 20 seconds' - after first press the Start button in the morning ..;)
    Is this same with Windows 8 '12 seconds?..'
  5. MrXidus

MrXidus Super Moderator MalwareTips Staff

Everyone's PC will startup and shut down at different times, All depends on hardware and what software you have in your startup list. SSD > HDD
  6. Huracan

Huracan Administrator MalwareTips Staff

Media:
    I didn't realise Windows XP was packed with features like Windows 8, your comparison of an out-dated (possibly lighter) Windows XP OS to Windows 8 doesn't mean anything.

Just like Damn Small Linux vs Ubuntu 11.xx (edit).

The 'Sleep' function is far more efficient for my use. :)
  7. jamescv7

jamescv7 Active Member

Windows 8 made an improvements during boot up and shutdown since they proposed it compared to other older OS, as MrXidus said everything will meet from hardware specifications in order to grant its need.

Also its very normal that a cold bootup occur since it refresh everything before all set.
  8. WinAndLinuxTutorials

WinAndLinuxTutorials Community Superstar Trusted Member

I agree with you. Windows XP packed with features is equal to Vista lol. Microsoft have made a lot of changes in Windows 8 to improve stability and speed.
    [hr]
    Did you mean Ubuntu 11.04 or 11.10?