Really good job!!! Far better than the original one
ifABcPw.png

Reactions: MrXidus

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
@Huracan

Here's a look at your idea. Which position looks best? Others may comment also.
[The position of the Anti-Theft & Social Media Scanner placement on menu]

Position 1:

tkcgds.png

Position 2:

tfnqzq.png

Position 3:

jthvbq.png

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
@Huracan

Here's a look at your idea. Which position looks best? Others may comment also.
[The position of the Anti-Theft & Social Media Scanner placement on menu]

Position 1:

tkcgds.png

Position 2:

tfnqzq.png

Position 3:

jthvbq.png
[/spoiler

Definitely not Position 1 as they aren't of the same category as the rest.
Those two actually don't belong to that pane at all. It's something that would come under Tools.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Position 3. They're add-ons, separate modules and not part of the core ESET program (as they control additional functionality), therefore for me, the natural place for them is at the bottom, known as an "inverse menu" :)

Position 2 feels unnatural because the symmetry is off.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Very good indeed, following the trend of our time, would be very pleased of this interface was admitted by ESET or something similar. Congratulations on the job, someone has already submitted to ESET?
I prefer position 3

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
just hoping that ESET would really have your GUI on their new version 8... or anything else. Because I am so tired of their old one.

D

Deleted member 21043

@MrXidus, this concept is outstanding. Honestly, I don't know where you get the magic with the Photoshop paintbrush. Are you some kind of wizard hiding behind a mask?!

I think you should contact ESET about this. They may not like metro, nor want it in their product however your metro User Interfaces take metro to a whole new level. Look at the other metro products (doesn't have to be Security products). Then look at your concepts. You find the perfect arrangements and layouts for each control, with the perfect colours and in the end and after all the criticism fix it makes the best UI. The best thing about your concepts is you never run out of creative ideas for them.

I don't know what the other companies are playing at. They need to hire you before the other because once they hire you, they will always have the #1 best UI in the business... I mean, yeah, the other companies have other designs by other designers but really, they don't need them. All they would need is you behind the photoshop brush for a UI.

MrXidus

Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
Definitely not Position 1 as they aren't of the same category as the rest.
Those two actually don't belong to that pane at all. It's something that would come under Tools.

That makes sense and can be done. Personally I'd prefer them to be under tools but others may like them in the sidebar. Can't win :p

Very good indeed, following the trend of our time, would be very pleased of this interface was admitted by ESET or something similar. Congratulations on the job, someone has already submitted to ESET?
I prefer position 3

From what I know no but It's still a WIP, fine touching such as perfect pixel placement and positioning hasn't been done.

Thank you for your positive comment Lailson.

just hoping that ESET would really have your GUI on their new version 8... or anything else. Because I am so tired of their old one.

I agree and this is what gave me the idea to come up with this concept, I made sure the direction I took wasn't full blown metro nor looked completely different from the current UI, the user will still know their way around on my concept as it's similar to the current.

@MrXidus #3. Glad to see you added my modifications into your work. It's an honor. :p :D

Your welcome, I'll test any suggestion you or other members say, no harm comes from it.

@MrXidus
, this concept is outstanding. Honestly, I don't know where you get the magic with the Photoshop paintbrush. Are you some kind of wizard hiding behind a mask?!

I think you should contact ESET about this. They may not like metro, nor want it in their product however your metro User Interfaces take metro to a whole new level. Look at the other metro products (doesn't have to be Security products). Then look at your concepts. You find the perfect arrangements and layouts for each control, with the perfect colours and in the end and after all the criticism fix it makes the best UI. The best thing about your concepts is you never run out of creative ideas for them.

I don't know what the other companies are playing at. They need to hire you before the other because once they hire you, they will always have the #1 best UI in the business... I mean, yeah, the other companies have other designs by other designers but really, they don't need them. All they would need is you behind the photoshop brush for a UI.

Ah ha kram firstly thanks for the big positive comment I like to see this.

If anything I'd be a wizard that drinks bourbon and cola and enjoys pizzas ha.

In time I might post on their Facebook wall, as for metro, I call mine 'semi-metro', for full blown metro ESET see here.

As said much appreciated to the other kind words, as for working for companies - you can see my work on Emsisofts newest UI.

If you and any other members have seen the new UI F-Secure has then know that it makes me cringe.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Right now I'm using Webroot Complete and Panda Free (both cloud AVs!) because of my visual fatigue for ESET. I have read before that ESET has a new GUI in current development? When they will use it? Version 10??

MrXidus

Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
I have read before that ESET has a new GUI in current development? When they will use it? Version 10??

I wouldn't be the right person to ask about that, perhaps some ESET users/fans know. They seem have to stuck to their current design scheme making changes here and there where appropiate, I'd rather if it aint broke don't fix it and do what F-Secure has done...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.