IMPROVED
Remove multi-task feature
Remove X-Sec Antivirus Engine's local signature database
Rewrite X-Sec Antivirus Engine

FIXED
Bugs in X-Sec Antivirus Engine

From this version, we removed Cloud Scan API which X-Sec Antivirus uses
We recommend you uninstall X-Sec Antivirus before install X-Sec Malware Scanner
As for Beta Tester, please do clean install for this version, DO NOT overwrite beta version

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
If anyone wants to see a look at the GUI here it is.

1633848968429.png1633849001571.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
@xywcloud I just tried it on two machines, and it is exceptionally slow at scanning. Will future versions have faster scanning speeds.

I see that heuristics are disabled by default. Is this to minimise false positives?
Hi, I am not xywcloud, but to help with a reply I believe it is to improve false positives and improve scanning speed, heuristics slow down scanning speed a lot. The good thing is though this program has a caching feature that will cache files to a file on your computer then if you scan another time it should not have to scan as many files so should speed up the scan time a lot next time.

Last edited:

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
@xywcloud I just tried it on two machines, and it is exceptionally slow at scanning. Will future versions have faster scanning speeds.

I see that heuristics are disabled by default. Is this to minimise false positives?
Hello,
Now X-Sec Malware Scanner has 5 engines(3 local engines + 2 cloud engines), also I set some limitations on using Rising Cloud Engine while enhanced ability of Rising Antivirus Engine, so scan speed may slower(or even much slower) than old version
I'll try to optimize scan speed in the next version :)

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
If too many files, you can just provide file hashes and scan log, I'll try to find original files :)
Due to the amount of false positives - mostly detected as Cloud:Malware.Generic, in my opinion, excluding some wrongly detected files (which I presume is what you want to do) won't be of much help. I think the scan engine needs improvement to reduce the amount of false positives.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Due to the amount of false positives - mostly detected as Cloud:Malware.Generic, in my opinion, excluding some wrongly detected files (which I presume is what you want to do) won't be of much help. I think the scan engine needs improvement to reduce the amount of false positives.
Got it, thank you for your feedback and I'll try to fix it

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec Malware Scanner 3.0.0.2 Release Note

ADDED
Now you can view scanned file count during scan

IMPROVED
Optimize scan speed
Optimize X-Sec Cloud Engine

Update to this version may spend a bit long time cause it will update embedded .NET Core Runtime, if you can't wait(about 150Mb content), you can just download full package, unpack it, overwrite any duplicated files.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec Malware Scanner 3.0.0.3 Release Note

IMPROVED:
  • Optimize Rising Antivirus Engine configuration
  • Update Rising Antivirus Engine Module
Update to this version may spend a bit long time cause it will update embedded .NET Core Runtime, along with Rising Antivirus Engine Module. If you can't wait, you can just download full package, unpack it, overwrite any duplicated files. Do a clean install also recommended.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.