JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Since some weeks I'm using µBlock Origin and I'm very satisfy because it's easy to use, light and seems effective.
But it don't run on IE11.
I want to know if Adguard is as well simple, light and effective.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I prefer uBlock Origin as it can help prevent.WebRTC leakage when using a VPN. But Adguard is effective against adds also.
it has this feature but it doesn't work. I tried to open ipleak.net to test and it still leaked webrtc ip
the solution is installing webrtc network limiter -> set the last option -> no more leak

I'm using kaspersky IS 2016. adguard conflicts with kaspersky HTTPS scanning. If you wanna use adguard, you have to disable KIS https scanning -> highly not recommended

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello,
Since some weeks I'm using µBlock Origin and I'm very satisfy because it's easy to use, light and seems effective.
But it don't run on IE11.
I want to know if Adguard is as well simple, light and effective.
@JB007, I agree with frogboy that both uBlock Origin & Adguard are effective blockers. I have used both :):) (extensions) and found them to be equally and extremely light. As far as ease of use, Adguard is (imho) the simpler of the two while updating subscriptions. It warns you when you select too many subscriptions while uBlock Origin has the advantage of permitting the use of a greater number of subscriptions if this is what you require. XhenEd's question also points to the fact you would require Adguard's full version for IE. You might consider adding Easy list & Easy privacy subscriptions (under IE's addons) and calling it a day which is what I've done.;)
Thankfully, for a more thorough experience you can test Adguard free for two weeks in order to determine how it performs on your own system, and also read more about it here:
Adblock for Internet Explorer (IE) — How to remove ads in Internet Explorer

Whichever you choose, Happy blocking!:D

Last edited:

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I have tried both, used uBlock Origin for about 2 years until I decided to try out AdGuard and I ended up staying with it for good.
I find it a lot simpler, nicer looking, about the same in performance impact and it works in many other programs instead of just one browser you install it on.
Adguard (desktop version) is the best in my opinion.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I like using uBlock Origin, I feel that it's slightly lighter than Adguard. Also it has a better way of blocking links through several malware and badware filters whereas Adguard mostly uses data from Web Of Trust (WOT) which is a user based ranking system that may or may not be accurate.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I voted adguard that I use for 2 years. A nice program to block ads & other things. You can purchase a life-time license for 9-10 US dollars and be quiet for many years. I have a friend from adguard team who is one of the adguard founders. He and his team always happy to help their customers solving problems with adguard product

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.