0 KB files on Windows 10 x64 (including Program Files). What to do?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Today I noticed these files with 0 KB created yesterday...dont know what are these...any info?
2 files... Program Files (x in C drive... & ac6a50e7e01fe7f492f3e7f559 in E drive.
Can I delete both safely? I'm using Windows 10 x64.
Attached are the screenshots---

SCR1.png
SCR2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica
S

SkyJP

Thread author
Scan them both with virustotal to be safe.

I have a couple of these files. There's no need to delete them if nothing is broken and no space is gained anyway.

Reactions: LabZero
L

LabZero

Thread author
The 0 kb files, frequently represent pointers to resources that do not exist: "entry" in the files table sometimes generated by Windows.

May be unable to delete these files but my advice is to ignore them because, as says Sky_JP, do not create problems.

Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Do you guys have these 2 files at the same location on Windows 10 x64?

I already deleted those 2 files.

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.