Advice Request 0patch - how safe it really is?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is 0patch safe and trustworthy?

• Yes

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
I put my faith in 0patch, :oops: because the intentions of its developers are very good at supporting the non-conformist community of MSprism spyware OS, and common civil people trying to survive the arbitrary implementations imposed on us by governments and companies of EEUU.:emoji_v:

You can discover the man's intentions of vaccines for help Africa. LOL
BG associations.
:D

MS is very piggy and cheating in its way of sending KB updates to the systems around the world, besides that its KB packages are no longer in separated patch files, we always have to Re-download Updates with repeated files that came within the previous KB all encapsulated in a large CUMULATIVE package, 1.4GB every month. WTF:eek:
Sometimes in less than 1 week when more priority vulnerabilities are discovered.:eek:

It consumes much time, sometimes the servers don't respond, it takes too much time to download, decompress and install
majority of the repeated files. It is a total disaster what this company has transformed.(n)

In addition, they reactivate the telemetry and destroy the customization of wndows configuration (contextual menu, themes, exploration view) etc on everytime that encounter and install new updates.(n):alien: The American Millonaires Businessmen are True extraterrestrials zionist+reptilians annunakis. They are spying people with too fear, because they have done great harm to humanity and they feel fear that others will attack them.

DeBenez

Level 1
Jul 1, 2015
I tried for over one month this program in two different computer. After last patch update from 0patch my PC's started freeze and i was unable to start in safe mode too, so in the first i reinstalled windows... In the second i luckily removed the program before creating damage. I dont think i will use this program anymore in future

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I tried for over one month this program in two different computer. After last patch update from 0patch my PC's started freeze and i was unable to start in safe mode too, so in the first i reinstalled windows... In the second i luckily removed the program before creating damage. I dont think i will use this program anymore in future
I tried 0patch about a week ago, but then Windows 10 started freezing with cryptic error messages at startup. I couldn't get any restore points to work, so I ended up reinstalling Windows. Curiously, the freezes and errors continued for the next 2 days without any trace of 0patch, but the computer suddenly reverted to normal after that. I don't know if 0patch was really to blame or if it was a coincidence.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
MS is very piggy and cheating in its way of sending KB updates to the systems around the world, besides that its KB packages are no longer in separated patch files, we always have to Re-download Updates with repeated files that came within the previous KB all encapsulated in a large CUMULATIVE package, 1.4GB every month. WTF:eek:
Sometimes in less than 1 week when more priority vulnerabilities are discovered.:eek:

It consumes much time, sometimes the servers don't respond, it takes too much time to download, decompress and install
majority of the repeated files. It is a total disaster what this company has transformed.(n)
Doesn't they use Delta updates now?
Delta updates include only the components that changed in the most recent quality update. Delta updates will only install if a device already has the previous month’s update installed. For example, assume in May that we changed tcpip.sys and ntfs.sys, but did not change notepad.exe. A device that downloads the delta update will get the latest version of tcpip.sys and ntfs.sys, but not notepad.exe. Delta updates include the full component (not just the individual files) that changed. As a result, they are larger than express updates, often around 300-500 MB in size.

L

Local Host

Doesn't they use Delta updates now?
They been using it for years now, is far from new tech.
What changed was the fact Microsoft started packing cumulative updates, instead of releasing multiple small updates.

I'm not saying you're wrong, far from it, @MeltdownEnemy that is wrong.

Windows Update is not going to download nor install Updates you already have, even with cumulative updates.

Of course when people are paranoid and start disabling all kinds of Windows Services cause they can't handle a little telemetry (due to privacy concerns, even though one has nothing to do with the other), I won't be surprised if Windows Update fails to send Microsoft Servers what updates you already have.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.