10 Ad Blocking Extensions Tested for Best Performance

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Blocking website adverts in web browsers has been a hot topic in recent years and there are merits to both sides of the argument. Many sites out there bombard you with tons of ads, and quite often you will feel that you have no choice but to use an ad blocker because either the ads slow down the site loading too much, or they are incredibly annoying and get in the way or distract from your browsing.

On the other side, there are sites that try to inconvenience you as little as possible and be sensible with the amount of ads displayed and their placement. Blanket use of ad blockers will hurt those sites just as much as the bad sites you feel have gone overboard with their ads. It’s no secret the vast majority of websites on the internet need to use ads to help pay for running costs. Staff, hardware, fast servers, fast CDNs and the like are not free and need to be paid for.

ad-blockers-test.png

But we cannot get away from the fact an ad blocker is probably the number one add-on forbrowsers like Chrome and Firefox, and will continue to be so for some time yet. Besides removing the adverts, ad blockers also save bandwidth by cutting down the amount of content a page loads, they can also help with your privacy by blocking scripts that track your browsing habits. There’s several ad blocking extensions available for Chrome and Firefox, and some work better than others. To see what they do when when loading a web page, we’ve decided to put a number of ad blockers to the test. This test is about the performance of an ad blocker in terms of how quickly it loads a range of ad blocked pages, the maximum amount of memory it uses and how much stress it puts on the CPU.
Read More: 10 Ad Blocking Extensions Tested for Best Performance • Raymond.CC

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
before i used µblock and it performs very well but now i have Adguard for desktop, so using an addon is irrelevant.

Reactions: Kent

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
before i used µblock and it performs very well but now i have Adguard for desktop, so using an addon is irrelevant.
Unless one wants to use Adguard Integration Mode.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
where is the result? I am using ublock right now which is working good. But not sure which add on is performace wise best.

Reactions: Logethica and Kent
M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
uBlock Origin / Adguard is both best options in my opinion ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well the performance isn't a problem because usually all computers are reached on enough minimum system requirements nowadays; the thing to consider is its effectivity in blocking the advertisement where lacking few or more isn't a good idea to stay for that adblocker for a long time.

Reactions: Alhaitham

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I use ublock origin and have been for quite a long time and it is an excellent all round blocker,not just ads but scripts as well.:)

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.