Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Source--------- http://www.howtogeek.com/173648/10-windows-tweaking-myths-debunked/

Windows is big, complicated, and misunderstood. You’ll still stumble across bad advice from time to time when browsing the web. These Windows tweaking, performance, and system maintenance tips are mostly just useless, but some are actively harmful.

Luckily, most of these myths have been stomped out on mainstream sites and forums. However, if you start searching the web, you’ll still find websites that recommend you do these things.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For anyone who wants to speed up the computer is very simple, have a good specification from your rig/ PC/ laptop then your ready to go. ;)

Reactions: frogboy

ahmad123

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
If you were to regularly clean out the Prefetch folder, not only would programs take longer to open because they won’t be preloaded, Windows will have to waste time regretting all the .pf files.The DisablePagingExecutive registry setting is set to 0 by default, which allows drivers and system code to be pegged to the disk

Reactions: jamescv7

akshay1189

Level 3
Verified
Dec 6, 2013
When talking about tweaking and tuning a PC for MAX performance, I've always admitted that some tweaks will work better on some PC's than others, but if a single tweak will get you just 1% increase in performance, then add another 50 such Tweaks and VOILA!, you're just increased your performance by 50%. Neat!

In actuality, I have a tune-up package that I apply to every Laptop PC (for instance) that almost doubles its performance. (they're so slow by their very nature) Every time I read about some new tune-up TIP, I try it and if it doesn't have a Negative effect, I use it. What the heck! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.