12 toolbars in your browser

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
:rolleyes: Ugh terrible, I've come across this myself with friends and some old family relatives I caught up with but no where near as bad haha!

This happens because one is ignorant/clueless and clicks Next > Next > Next as fast as possible when installing software therefor any bundled toolbar offers or 'crapware' gets installed along with the software you want install.

I myself have never liked toolbars even back in the early days, They slowed down browsing and browser start up times, tab loading times etc so it makes sense why her Internet has crawled to a slow.

Thanks.

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
MrXidus said:
:rolleyes: Ugh terrible, I've come across this myself with friends and some old family relatives I caught up with but no where near as bad haha!

This happens because one is ignorant/clueless and clicks Next > Next > Next as fast as possible when installing software therefor any bundled toolbar offers or 'crapware' gets installed along with the software you want install.

I myself have never liked toolbars even back in the early days, They slowed down browsing and browser start up times, tab loading times etc so it makes sense why her Internet has crawled to a slow.

Thanks.

Toolbars are pre-installed software which the manufacturer was paid to include but which is of frigall value to the purchaser

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Some of my customers even had more then 12 toolbars installed to IE.

This is what happens when you don't read when installing products, you end up with a bunch of crap that just slows down your browser and add privacy concerns.

The best improvements to IE allows you to easily disable them even if you can't get them to uninstall. In the days of IE6 and before toolbars were a major problem to get rid of.

Thanks.:D

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Littlebits said:
Some of my customers even had more then 12 toolbars installed to IE..

Thanks.:D

that is really sad!!

Every time that I visit the inlaws
(do you know why they call them inlaws? because outlaws are wanted lol)
I end up clearing out countless toolbars that he has installed, I show him how not to but it just doesn't sink in..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.