13 & 67 File Compression Suites compared across 2 tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reethu

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2014
TopAttack has compared 13 file compression software's in 2016 and published their results: Best File Compression software 2016

PowerArchiver has achieved best file compression software and it's report: PowerArchiver Review 2016 - TOPAttack

Bandizip has achieved best free file compression software and it's report is here: Bandizip Review 2016 - TOPAttack

Also there is another test that compared 67 zip tools through exhaustive testing of features only, but way back in 2012 : Best zip tools compared - in order of merit...

Sadly 7-zip's performance was not up-to the mark.

Thank you for reading :)

- Reethu

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Interesting test and from the results i see that i made a good choice by selecting Bandzip;).
What i can tell from the test is that if someone doesn't need some specific tools,he/she doesn't have to pay for this kind of software.
Free options are a good choice

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In reality those compression rates may vary from system to system so its up to the user preferences considering many of them contains identical features.

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.