2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893) error 0x800f0922. Something Didn't Go As Planned.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893) error 0x800f0922. Something Didn't Go As Planned. Help!
ApplicationFrameHost_izwdngg5lO.png

Does anyone know how to fix this? Sfc scannow and Dism Online shows no error.

Reactions: harlan4096 and Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Ensure you have enough disk space for the update. Try running Windows Update Troubleshooter. If that doesn't work, reset the Windows Update components manually or try installing the update in Clean Boot State.

Reactions: Jack

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
No work either. Still get the error code.
Did you tried running System>troubleshoot>Other troubleshooters>windows update? If not run it restart and try. If you have a third-party av, try to install the update after disabling it.
Do you have system image backups? If so try restoring the image prior to the last Cumulative update and run the windows update after that.

Last edited:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Did you tried running System>troubleshoot>Other troubleshooters>windows update? If not run it restart and try. If you have a third-party av, try to install the update after disabling it.
Do you have system image backups? If so try restoring the image prior to the last Cumulative update and run the windows update after that.

Troubleshooting say windows update issue detected. Last backup show the same thing too.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I still cannot get this update install at all. Reset Windows Update did not work. I tried to do the Windows 11 repair through iso, and I get the Windows 11 installation has failed error message.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I still cannot get this update install at all. Reset Windows Update did not work. I tried to do the Windows 11 repair through iso, and I get the Windows 11 installation has failed error message.
Did you tried to repair it in safe mode?

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Last edited:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I saw that running an in place upgrade but worth checking the this Minitool guide steps first: KB5036893 Fails to Install on Windows 11? Top 4 Ways to Fix!
Doesn't fix my issue at all.

Try this too. Sometimes .net framework errors can cause these types of errors.

If nothing works you can reinstall windows 11 over existing installation as it will replace the corrupted files with the right one.
How to perform repair upgrade in Windows 11
I can't performance repair upgrade because it will give me this error "Windows 11 installation has failed".

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

I can't performance repair upgrade because it will give me this error "Windows 11 installation has failed".

If you cannot install Win 11 from your laptop/PC it can be that local copy of Win 11 on your HD/SSD partition already corrupted. Nothing you can do about this but send back to the manufacturer for repair

Last edited:

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013

How old is your ssd/hdd? How much free space is there on your C drive? your device must have 64 GB or higher free space in C drive to successfully install Win11.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
If you cannot install Win 11 from your laptop/PC it can be that local copy of Win 11 on your HD/SSD partition already corrupted. Nothing you can do about this but send back to the manufacturer for repair

What do you mean corrupted? Partition corrupted or the ssd itself?

How old is your ssd/hdd? How much free space is there on your C drive? your device must have 64 GB or higher free space in C drive to successfully install Win11.
I have my ssd for about 1 - 2 year now. Samsung 970 EVO NVME Gen 3 500GB. 280GB free space.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Shouldn't sfc/scannow and dism detect it and try to repair it? How can I fix it?

You can try with sfc/scannow and dism to see whether they work

If you cannot install Window from external and when you reformat your PC/laptop it'll try to install Windows from either the local partition or cloud. If you select from Local and it still cannot install Windows up then it's likely the local Windows copy in the partition is corrupted.

Cannot do anything but send back to the manufacturer.

I have this experience when I bought my new LG laptop. After 2 weeks of using it failed to install my WIndows even after reformat. I went back to LG service centre and they tried all means but cannot repair it. Luckily they replaced a new laptop for me since I was using it for 2 weeks only.

Last edited:

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Create a new admin user and run sfc on it and see if the errors are fixed. Sometimes corrupted user profile can cause wierd issues.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.