3 browsers that gives you privacy. Nobody will know what you're doing on the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
At this point, the best browser that ensure privacy on the Internet is considered Tor. He promises a complete solution.

Tor Browser: https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

But if you're interested just do not let the various sites to find out things about yourself, then you can work with Epic browser.

Epic Browser: https://www.epicbrowser.com/

If you want to cheat sites that you are stuck and want some additional options to ensure your privacy and protect your personal information, you can go on The Pirate Browser.

The Pirate Browser: http://piratebrowser.com/

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Are you sure that Tor is really secure ? Well read these :

Warrant Authorized FBI to Track and Infect Computers with Malware
Attackers Compromise TOR Network to De-Anonymize Users of Hidden Services
Russian Government Offers $111,000 For Cracking Tor Anonymity Network
Tor Project fixing vulnerability thatcould expose users

Not even talking about these two security researchers that found a way to found the identify of a person behind a Tor Browser by exploiting it.

Once again, are you sure that Tor is really that secure or not ? Both browser and the network.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Would be false/wrong to assume that these browsers gives you 100% anonymity too ...
I said that they are 100% safe, I said they give you the best security they can .

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
GabiCRX, thank you for sharing!
I know nothing more about Tor than it's network's reputed anonymity as I see it recommended as a preferred method for downloading the many linux distribution iso files which has often left me wondering..:confused: :rolleyes: So, now (I suppose) I'm going to search for some of your past Tor articles that I'd missed the first time around, Aura (as soon as I wake up again!:p).;)

Reactions: Kent

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
Hey, what about yandex or SRWiron ?
naughty.gif

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Although I haven't tried yandex since I was revving up our old XP, I'm *Laughing :):p at those charming eyebrows!:D

Y

yigido

Pirate browser is like the Tor browser, you can add these add-ons to portable Firefox ESR build and you can make your own private browser like PirateBay :) Tor browser is the secure browser since the last couple of days. Tor is a big target for spies. Spies know "if they use Tor, they want to hide something from us, we have to learn it
naughty.gif
"
Then they leaked it. After that Russian goverment said "Hack the Tor, I will pay.." bla bla :D

Hey, what about yandex or SRWiron ?
naughty.gif
SRWare Iron is a scamware (article)
Yandex is a new browser that needs more users informations with its first days. I do not trust the search engines web browsers (Yandex, Google..etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yigido wrote:
'Yandex is a new browser that needs more users informations with its first days. I do not trust the search engines web browsers (Yandex, Google..etc)'

- yes Yigido, WHY send your user informations to Russian engine .. or Google+ account (I don't have) ???
I see no valid reason, enjoy!

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Yandex is a new browser that needs more users informations with its first days. I do not trust the search engines web browsers (Yandex, Google..etc)

SRWare Iron not only provides you with an installer that has all the items unchecked by default, it also disables the auto-update feature of Chrome, that I'm annoyed about. If you disable it through registry edit, then Chrome won't let you upgrade, when you've downloaded an offline installer. But making claims that SRWare Iron a scam, is just plain stupid.

There are countless number of Chromium clones out there, and to pick SRWare Iron for bashing is a joke.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No such thing as 100% anonymity on the Internet, every aspect of your behaviour is unique. These browsers provide a false sense of hope, for the paranoid privacy Internet-goers.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
No such thing as 100% anonymity on the Internet, every aspect of your behaviour is unique. These browsers provide a false sense of hope, for the paranoid privacy Internet-goers.
I agree with Huracan's view as in many aspects of life we are given 'a false sense of hope..'
Additionally, imho, it feels as though I'm wishing to drive the internet Autobahn in a free exotic car whose developers promise it'll be the fastest while simultaneously claiming it also has air bags that will save me if I run it into a wall when the speed's clocked at:eek: over 200!?o_O Although I want to believe the fantasy,:oops: ..thank Goodness our MT community:rolleyes: won't let me... while also soothing my fears with newer better software & extensions!:D

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
right, if u using internet there is no privacy. if someone want some info from u like grovements they get it. No way u can stay anonymous on the net, even if ur using a vpn or something like that.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014

<mgreenblatt> Iron.. why not propose a patch based on preprocessor defines that disables the sections you dislike without forking the code?
<Iron> because a fork will bring a lot of publicity to my person and my homepage
<Iron> that means: a lot of money too ;)
<Iron> i dont take money for my fork
<Iron> but i have adsense on my page ;)
<Iron> a lot of visitor -> a lot of clicka > a lot of money ;)
<Iron> we are here in germany
<Iron> the press will love my fork
<Iron> i talked to much journalists already
<DrPizza> Why are you forking?
<DrPizza> to do what?
<Iron> to remove all things in source talking to google ;)
<jamessan> to get fame and fortune
<Iron> nobody here trusts google
<Iron> the german people say: google is very evil
<jamessan> yet you use google's adsense

:p :D I'm still laughing ^^

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.