30 Years Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
No way any of us would have communicated with each other 30 years ago, even if all of us were alive at that time.
I guess there are exceptions for a few of you localized in the Balkans or British Isles, but even so, probably not.
I remember "party lines", where 4 households had to share the same phone lines operated with rotary phones, and we could all listen in to each other's conversations (I used to love to prank by dialing while one of my neighbors was talking, as it made a wickedly annoying sound).
I was learning Atari games; and Commodore 64's were equivalent to magic carpets programmed in Silicon Valley and Tokyo.
TRS-80's?
Playing baseball on Intelevision?
Leaded gasoline, 5 channels on the TV via antennas (if you were lucky).
Radio was a big deal then.
It felt more like the Outback, but there were no crocodiles, only mean dogs, bicycles and nagging moms.
Points instead of ECU's and electronic ignitions. No fuel injection.
USSR vs. USA, and nothing else mattered.
We have come so far, and then I ran into all you jolly chaps. I would not have it any other way.
CHEERS!

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
I was nearly 4, 30 years ago

My means of communication was "WAAAAA" or "GIMME" or hitting something plastic against something expensive

To be honest, growing up was fun, I had to actually go outside and find my friends, now I sit here all day getting fat...

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
hitting something plastic against something expensive

My friends had little brothers like that; they would run around in their underware, dirty as heck, and sounded like screamin' alien demons, and they were all armed with said plastic.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Wow 30 years ago!!! It's hard to remember it is just a herbal blur

D

Deleted member 178

30 years ago, i played Tron, Pacman, and Pong on my Atari , went to cinema to watch movies; what i can say that at that time people had time to meet other people IRL not like now via fake profile on internet...

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Remember ASTEROID??? lololhahahaha I think Galaga might have been around then.

D

Deleted member 178

ZOU1 said:

Asteroid was HUGE !!! i spent so many hours on it ^^

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
30 years ago, I was testing one of the first computers with unix installed.
LOL, I was joking. 30 years ago I wasnt even born.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
malbky said:
30 years ago, I was testing one of the first computers with unix installed.
LOL, I was joking. 30 years ago I wasnt even born.

Not even born???? Omg I am an old man :suicide2:

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
ZOU1 said:

Asteroid was HUGE !!! i spent so many hours on it ^^

Glad to hear 30 years ago i was not the only one doing these things ;)

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
No worries McLovin. You cannot measure it in Aussie time. You have to use chronological clues such as; Mad Max 2 and Crocodile Dundee, then 30 years will be in a southern hemisphere, Down Under perspective. hahaha
If I could have helped it, you would have been alive and been my neighbor, sharing one of those "party lines" with me, so I could prank you by dialing the rotary phone while you were saying things like mate, bloke, crykie, etc. during your phone conversations. Oh, the laughs I could have had!!!
We could have found a crocodile hunter/dundee video game for my Commodore 64. hahaha

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZOU1 said:
No worries McLovin. You cannot measure it in Aussie time. You have to use chronological clues such as; Mad Max 2 and Crocodile Dundee, then 30 years will be in a southern hemisphere, Down Under perspective. hahaha
If I could have helped it, you would have been alive and been my neighbor, sharing one of those "party lines" with me, so I could prank you by dialing the rotary phone while you were saying things like mate, bloke, crykie, etc. during your phone conversations. Oh, the laughs I could have had!!!
We could have found a crocodile hunter/dundee video game for my Commodore 64. hahaha

Sounds like that would of been more fun then the latest gadgets are now a days. :p :D

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
30 years ago I was in the Navy as an Electronic Warfare Operator
and the tech then was beez neez!!!!!
telex and photo copiers that used metho, felt high just running off 20 copies :p

looking back to where we are now OMG

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
You are not old whitenobster. Time has just passed for you. This thread confirms there are many 40+ and 50+ geeks here.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Good to see Bo back in action. Missed his post in the recent time.
Guys dont consider yourself old. Take it positively. Life has taught you more than it has taught us young ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.