360 Autopatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david8

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
Is Autopatch in 360 Total Security safe to use?
Are these official Micrsoft updates?
Is it a spyware?

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
But.... I doubt if it's as reliable as Window's own updates routine. I mean the way Windows Update chooses what to update on your system. Though of course I believe even Windows Update itself may rarely cause some troubles.

Reactions: david8

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Autopatch of QIhoo 360 is based on the server configuration found on Windows Updates to retrieve those patches and only differ the function of scheduling to conduct a scan for new updates.

Therefore its safe to use, just to make it flexible purpose.

Reactions: david8

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Autopatch of QIhoo 360 is based on the server configuration found on Windows Updates to retrieve those patches and only differ the function of scheduling to conduct a scan for new updates.

Therefore its safe to use, just to make it flexible purpose.
Thanks, but, why is it that more than sometimes, it suggests updates/patches differently from Windows Update?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks, but, why is it that more than sometimes, it suggests updates/patches differently from Windows Update?

By checking the interface on the following link:
https://cyberraiden.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/360-total-security-review-settings/

I mean is that from Windows Updates itself, you can configure on how it can scan for new updates/install automatically which unlike in Qihoo 360 Patch Up seems a manual based though but servers for retrieving are same enough. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.