Jan 28, 2013
Which Program is better in terms of:

Protection
Prevention
and Speed?

bunyip783

Level 1
Mar 1, 2011
Would be easier with a poll. Depends greatly on the user but it terms of speed I think Qihoo wins. Kaspersky is more automated and Qihoo requires more input. You decide.

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
In my opinion I see Qihoo is better in all ways (Ram usage, FREE, etc...) and it using 3 different engines
BitDefender, their Cloud Engine and QVM II Engine.

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello

In term of protection i would say kaspersky also but i never had chances with it, it's too heavy for my laptop
so can't really answer as i never used qihoo

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Chippel said:
Which Program is better in terms of:

Protection
Prevention
and Speed?

As far as I'm concerned Prevention is a part of Protection-
That is determined by each user own actions. One may provide better Protection for one user but the other may provide better Protection for a different user.

Speed- unless everyone has the exact system specifications, this can not be determined.

The only way to know the to try both on your system and do your own comparison.

Enjoy!! :D

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Kaspersky is better. 360 has a problem, its real-time protection isn't on for minutes after startup. They released a new version, no fix for this. It's taking them a long time. The other day I saw their website invaded by spammers, although this may be completely irrelevant. Going back to the programs themselves, I haven't used Kaspersky in a long time, but I have tried 360 recently, and it's not a very mature product.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I consider Kaspersky far and away the best of the paid applications. Doing a quick tweak in the Applications restriction section makes it even better.

For those that want a free application, Qihoo is very good, but not perfect. This lacking can be easily enough resolved by the addition of Comodo Firewall (sandbox on, firewall on, HIPS off).

So basically K vs Q is like comparing Apples (paid) to oranges (free).

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
360 has three engine. bitdefender, QVM and 360 cloud engine
it detects more malware, virus , trojans and worms.
all of the three engine works great.
so can beat kaspersky in detection and removal.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
detection does not mean better protection.

I am now using my kaspersky license and one change in the application control will more or less stop all malware in its tracks.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Amiga is absolutely correct. Too much emphasis is placed by many on the raw detection score for given samples, and not enough on the capability to detect and stop malicious activity of unknowns.

Simply put, would you rather use a product that will detect 95/100 and let you be infected by the remaining 5, or use a product that will only detect 80/100 but will prevent by whatever means (HIPS, Sandbox, whatever) the ability of the unknown 20 to infect a system?

Personally I have a high regard for Qihoo, but would NEVER use it without Comodo Firewall in place to catch it when it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.