Not open for further replies.

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
He was talking about 360 Total Security. Also read my post above for you.

Yes i understand, that's why i uploaded this pic. For everybody to see that 360IS + BD engine uses 30-40MB max while 360TS + BD uses 200-240MB

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Qihoo 360 total security 6 supports Firefox, Google chrome and internet explorer. Other mozilla based browser won't get web protection.

In addition chrome based browsers can install this extension to get web protection
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/360-internet-protection/glcimepnljoholdmjchkloafkggfoijh

Sandboxing web browser will cause web protection addon to not load. Even if web protection addon runs it will lose connection with installed 360 total security. So it will not work in this case

Also experimenting such stuffs can cause chrome extension to vanish/uninstall without any warning. So you will be left without web protection until you again install web protection extension

With Qihoo total security 6 if you use bitdefender engine, then RAM usage will be around 200 MB
Reason Qihoo loads bitdefender antivirus definitions in RAM

1966781.jpg

Instead you could use avira engine which will give around 70 MB RAM usage.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
In Qihoo 360 Internet security 5

web protection is only supported in mozilla firefox is supported.

1966792.jpg

But qihoo will ask only one time to install addon. If user cancels it then firefox will not get web protection and qihoo don't bother to ask again. Qihoo must repair it

1966791.jpg

Other mozilla based browser can manually add web protection addon to get web protection from "C:\program files\360\360 internet security\safemon\webshield_firefox.xpi"

web protection not working in chrome because web protection extension did not got installed
Also in internet explorer web protection not working.
Yes qihoo needs to repair this problem

Normally Qihoo 360 IS uses around 30 MB RAM
While doing scan Qihoo RAM usage does go up because it also has to load bitdefender virus definition in RAM.

1966793.jpg

Realtime protection did work without rebooting. It detected active malware and removed it.

While removing some stubborn malware active in memory, or a malware that is locked by some program, or malware locked by the realtime protection of the same antivirus can cause problem/BSOD . This is not just Qihoo problem. Some other antivirus also does have this problem. I remember qihoo realtime protection interfering with its own manual scan . Qihoo just repair this.

Reactions: bitbizket and MikeV

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
And the answer is:
i wouldnt call support for web filtering if you have to download a plugin... which can easily be fooled by browser locker or etc... you may download traffic ligtht which is more efficent and effective,instead of using qihoo, both IS and TS only support IE (with out a plugin)
And again the answer is (360 Internet Security + Bitdefender engine active):
i understand your point in IS we dont have that issue (dont know how they did, but it seems that they have a short version of bitdefender engine there) however as i told you before it depends on memory optimization... every program that use bitdefender engine is to be expected that waste of ram (otherwise mitigated by the program)

Reactions: bitbizket and MikeV

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
isn't this interesting Qihoo TS internet protection supports google chrome, firefox and internet explorer, but they do not support their own 360 Extreme explorer & 360 Explorer web browser

Reactions: bitbizket

fantac

Verified
Feb 11, 2015
Don't get any warning message in Firefox (36.0.1) and in Chrome (x64) the plugin just doesn't work with blocking phishing URLs.
ZYUT9L9.jpg

fantac

Verified
Feb 11, 2015
Well, actually when Chrome or Firefox block by themselves a Phishing/Malware site just we don't get the 360 TS/Is Warning message. In the case of firefox we have a simply blank page, in Chrome the Chrome warning page.

xinjing545853507

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2014
I have used Kaspersky for approx 4yrs and have never had a single issue, nor come across any bugs, but you search Google and on many forums and Qihoo is full of them. Why release versions ever few weeks when you expect the new version to have removed the previous bugs present, in most cases they do not, so for me I think it's total crap - just release a new update every 3-4 months and make sure it's thoroughly tested.
Hello ! I use Kaspersky 2014 2015 Version 2 years, two versions of this problem I have encountered here a lot of questions! Now I have to give up personal version of Kaspersky! I hope that Kaspersky can fix some BUG I consider changing them back! However, when it comes to Qihoo antivirus, here in my little bug. So I think some of the bug may PC environment, as well as in pre-release testing a new version is also very important, Kaspersky released products now in my face a lot of bug here is an example.:)

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
isn't this interesting Qihoo TS internet protection supports google chrome, firefox and internet explorer, but they do not support their own 360 Extreme explorer & 360 Explorer web browser

360 Extreme explorer & 360 Explorer web browser has there own anti phishing tool built in so it has no need for 360's addon.:)

D

Deleted member 21043

Hi,

This post will just be a quick reply about BSOD issues when Qihoo is cleaning out malware.

While removing some stubborn malware active in memory, or a malware that is locked by some program, or malware locked by the realtime protection of the same antivirus can cause problem/BSOD . This is not just Qihoo problem. Some other antivirus also does have this problem. I remember qihoo realtime protection interfering with its own manual scan . Qihoo just repair this.
Yes, it may not be Qihoo's problem. However, then again, it may be due to Qihoo.

If the BSOD crash was the fault of Qihoo, it would be related to Qihoo's kernel mode drivers. This could be, for when they are actually trying to remove the malware through the use of their Kernel Mode drivers. I assume, they would try and remove malware in kernel mode over user mode since kernel mode has more control over the system than user mode does.

However, then again, the BSOD crash may have occured due to the malware running.

However, not all vendors BSOD crash when they are removing that particular malware. Meaning, Qihoo should improve their malware removal, considering other vendors have patched many BSOD issues during malware removal over the years and don't have this issue as common as Qihoo does, it would appear. Vendors like ESET.

However, for the malware to BSOD crash it must also be in kernel mode (loaded driver). Unless, it did something like set itself as a critical process (RtlSetProcessIsCritical).

Cheers. ;)

noelis

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
read some posts here as a storybook....
i'm using QTS at the beginning. I've never had problems yust i could read in this thread.....:D

noelis

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Memory used by QTS:

I never had BSOD with any AV or Security Suite on Windows 8.1 and i tried a lot. perhaps because I can also handle windows...:)
Qihoo is here with some not popular, but that should not go so far as to tell fairy

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.