Battle 360 IS vs avast! Free vs 360 TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Not used it myself but feel 360 TS would be better among the three.o_O
360 IS for me for now. It catches a lot of junk. Avast is better at PUP detection IMO though. 360 found malware in adwcleaner & junkware removal tool & other downloads from major download sites. It seems that I only get malware from trusted sites & have quit downloading stuff. I guess times are rough & everyone wants to bundle their free program with junkware nowadays. When 360 TS gets out of Beta I might try it. 360 IS appears to be doing a great job for now catching phishing...dangerous URLs etc...

Last edited:

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I think you will like 360. It is light on system resources. I would only download it from 360 safe com as you don't want it to come bundled with other things. Once installed it seems very intensive for awhile as its probably checking everything on your computer. I had Mcafee for awhile & even it failed to block a bad site. I guess nothing is 100% secure anymore.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Thank you! I don't know how accurate they are but, AV-Test org appears to have accurate tests on many AV programs. I disagree on a few of them. Youtube has a lot of interesting info on AV's as well. 360's QVM 2 caught a couple nastys a while back so, all in all I am happy with it so far. In the past I have tried Avast,G data,Mcafee,Avira & Webroot. They all have not caught anymore than 360 IMO.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone!

Avast! isn't too bad but I know those ads to upgrade can bore people ;)

As for Qihoo, I've heard some bad case of backdoor within their products, and now I still have difficulties to trust them.

To sum it up, I vote for no one :p

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Actually, I changed my mind, I'll vote Avast!, at least we're positively sure that it doesn't install some backdoor things ;P

Even if now Qihoo would have stopped injecting backdoors, there's nothing to guarantee that they wouldn't do so again!

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Just try to read what I say for once ;)
I said RIGHT NOW, there isn't any backdoor in Qihoo, but they could have the idea in the near future to reinject them again when no one will be suspicious toward them! ^^

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
For me its avast. if u tweek it right than its just strong with hardernmode. And the little pupops, common, just first world problem. I realy dont get it why ppl get so mad when they can click it away in 1 second. And i dont believe that qihoo ever had some backdoors. A source would be nice.

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
For me its avast. if u tweek it right than its just strong with hardernmode. And the little pupops, common, just first world problem. I realy dont get it why ppl get so mad when they can click it away in 1 second. And i dont believe that qihoo ever had some backdoors. A source would be nice.
Actually, you can easily find the source you're looking for, just type "Qihoo backdoor" in your search engine, you should be able to find it ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.