Advice Request 360 real-time protection

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Is it ok to use 360 total security without Bitdefender and avira in real-time protection? Does the product have a good level of protection using only his engines?

L

LabZero

For maximum protection, it's better to activate all engines in order to have the best possible detection rate.
But thanks to the great cloud proprietary engine we have a good security level.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There is nothing wrong if you will not enable Bitdefender and Avira since its an optional and enabling tends to suffer little performance on resources which why one of the engine is disabled by default. [Avira]

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
The product becomes a little bit heavy on ram with those engines enabled (BD and avira)
How much RAM is your PC equipped with? When not performing a full scan, I do not notice impact on system, even Photoshop Elements (14) is usable with Nik Collection. And this here is a rather weak Laptop... Maybe the SSD helps a lot here...

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
How much RAM is your PC equipped with? When not performing a full scan, I do not notice impact on system, even Photoshop Elements (14) is usable with Nik Collection. And this here is a rather weak Laptop... Maybe the SSD helps a lot here...
I currently don't use it on my laptop (i let win defender for Windows 10). I recommend it to people who have maximum 4 gigs of ram and use HDD. I used that on my laptop in 2015 (win 8.1). I also have 4 gigs of ram

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I'm always afraid that my computer isn't working with the cloud protection and that the AV is not scanning all the files, it's kinda an irrational fear but that's why I always have offline protection like the other engines or even companion AVs like Malwarebytes and Zemana.

In the end I just went with a main AV that had offline protection to just have a peace of mind :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Agreeing with @Der.Reisende's comment, it's down to YOUR preference. It's whether you want Bitdefender and Avira activated or not, you'll be protected from threats either way.
How many antivirus engines does 360 Total Security have?
360 Total Security has five antivirus engines. These are: 360 Cloud Scan engine, System Repair engine, machine learning QVMII AI engine, BitDefender engine and Avira AntiVir engine.

You can adjust your settings of the antivirus engines and select the protection mode according to your preferences.
Support: Support & FAQ | 360 Total Security

petersaints

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2015
And what about CPU usage? Does it visibly increase when the Avira and/or BitDefender engines are enabled?
Between Avira and BitDefender which one is lighter in terms of CPU usage and which is better in terms of protection/detection?
What is the best combination in terms of CPU usage and performance?

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
360 TS is light, between the two ; avira is lightest
so you can choose custom profile and enable avira engine, just like i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.