Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Have you noticed how the updates in 360 TS Essentials doesn't align with the full version. I understand that all of these bug fixes that are missing from TSE but are in TS main are related to other components like the cleanup, but this time there is enhanced malware removal for users of 360 TS main. Maybe we the TS Essentials users should ask: Hey, where is our enhanced malware removal?!?!? Why there is even a TS Essentials?

R

Ramona

Have you noticed how the updates in 360 TS Essentials doesn't align with the full version. I understand that all of these bug fixes that are missing from TSE but are in TS main are related to other components like the cleanup, but this time there is enhanced malware removal for users of 360 TS main. Maybe we the TS Essentials users should ask: Hey, where is our enhanced malware removal?!?!? Why there is even a TS Essentials?

TSE = A lite version of the TS version (only AV no extra stuff)
The TS version will have paid stuff like VPN and so on.

TSE has the same protection and removal as TS :)

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

TSE = A lite version of the TS version (only AV no extra stuff)
The TS version will have paid stuff like VPN and so on.

TSE has the same protection and removal as TS :)
Well, you simply has to check the update history. ;) I do this regularly and guess what:
1st - the number of updates for TS Essentials is not equal for the same period as with TS full.
2nd - if there are updates they are delayed at least by 4 days. Sometimes a week.
3rd - Now all we are left with is to wait and see when the "enhanced malware cleanup" will reach us the TS Essentials users. We all need it.

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
All in due time my friend. All in due time. :D:p TSE updates is always few months later. It still get updated but not as fast as TS. :rolleyes:

R

Ramona

It's between 1-2 months. I'm using Qihoo TS on my PC and TSE on my laptop and I can see how the updates come :)

The only downside is that QVM has a few FPS (more then the average). There was a bug in TS version that flagged *.DOC files as malware, it was some macro malware, it was fixed and the funny part is that the TSE version didn't had this issue.

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

It's between 1-2 months. I'm using Qihoo TS on my PC and TSE on my laptop and I can see how the updates come :)

The only downside is that QVM has a few FPS (more then the average). There was a bug in TS version that flagged *.DOC files as malware, it was some macro malware, it was fixed and the funny part is that the TSE version didn't had this issue.
QVM is one of the best heuristic technologies i have ever seen, if not the best. But many times files already detected by Bitdefender and/or Avira are not detected by the Avira or Bitdefender engines in Qihoo. I am not agaist Qihoo, for me they are one of the best free AVs out there, and they do have a good HIPS. I am using Avast now. Not so great definitions but they have a layered protection and i am some kind of a fan of it. Plus after AVG acquisition they will (hopefully) import Identity Protection (that's a good true behavior blocker and not in the Qihoo sense which is just a HIPS). :p Norton also has a great layered protection and a very good BB.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
QVM is one of the best heuristic technologies i have ever seen, if not the best. But many times files already detected by Bitdefender and/or Avira are not detected by the Avira or Bitdefender engines in Qihoo. I am not agaist Qihoo, for me they are one of the best free AVs out there, and they do have a good HIPS. I am using Avast now. Not so great definitions but they have a layered protection and i am some kind of a fan of it. Plus after AVG acquisition they will (hopefully) import Identity Protection (that's a good true behavior blocker and not in the Qihoo sense which is just a HIPS). :p Norton also has a great layered protection and a very good BB.
I noticed the difference in the Avira detections too.

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

It's because of the Avira & BitDefender SDK. Even BitDefender free has a delay in detection o_O

I also think that Qihoo is one of the best along with Comodo and Kaspersky.
I currently use Comodo Firewall, i am really a fan of their "Default Deny", i just want them to add Valkirye to the main product line. It's the only way to be 99.99% protected. Unknown files run automatically in sandbox and sent for analysis. And some hours later the file is identified as clean or malicious. Seems that Avast are heading the same way with their new CyberCapture technology. Plus the Comodo HIPS is the best one out there for me. But i guess you know it from the inside out. :rolleyes::)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I currently use Comodo Firewall, i am really a fan of their "Default Deny", i just want them to add Valkirye to the main product line. It's the only way to be 99.99% protected. Unknown files run automatically in sandbox and sent for analysis. And some hours later the file is identified as clean or malicious. Seems that Avast are heading the same way with their new CyberCapture technology. Plus the Comodo HIPS is the best one out there for me. But i guess you know it from the inside out. :rolleyes::)
My thoughts exactly. Get Valkyrie into CIS and it's job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.