360 Total Security - Beta Version 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I went to 360 safe & downloaded 360 TS 5 beta version. It installed version 4 instead???:(

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Mem usage is way too high. No thanks. In balanced mode it still has a good detection rate.

Reactions: Circe

soinvisage

Level 9
Verified
May 3, 2014
i have tested again 360ts beta 5 but i have made a special test, immunet plus 3 VS/with 360ts !
bitdefender works good with 360ts, so its ok for this engine ! i post the video

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I'm losing interest in this antivirus in each new version.

if they add some of this:
1- Click booster.
Disk usage

I think my computer return to Windows 8.1 default security config (Windows defender)

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I'm losing interest in this antivirus in each new version.

if they add some of this:
1- Click booster.
Disk usage

I think my computer return to Windows 8.1 default security config (Windows defender)
I have complained about this too, and I think we're not the only ones. I believe we'll soon know what direction they'll really head, but I know some users like us will not appreciate any new features while there are so many bugs and false positives. If they can't focus on their main purpose, they will lose many of those users.

Reactions: Koroke San

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I have reported this to Qihoo already, is anybody else having this problem? This has been happening since (at least) the 4.x versions.

When "Scan file when saved" is on (you may turn off other stuff to test this), it does not work properly unless I also turn on "File types to be monitored" -> "All files". To test, get any malware link, or Eicar test file, and download it. If it happens like here you won't receive any warning. But if you go to the folder and copy-paste the file, the new copy will be detected upon being saved.

Now if you turn on "monitor All files", and you try this test again, you will see that the malware file gets detected when it's downloaded (with a .part extension).

Also it is disturbing to notice that the test I just did to confirm this also showed that TS was unable to quarantine the found files for some reason.

Reactions: Kent

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
My How to really improve 360 Total security:
  1. Reorganize left menu
    1. Antivirus
    2. Behavior Detector (they can give it name like advanced detection...)
    3. Sandbox
    4. Firewall
    5. Tool Box
  2. Antivirus:
    1. Move protection menu inside this menu (some functions traslated to Behavoir)
    2. Option to select engines on demand scanners like IS (now you can select engine only on realtime).
    3. Option to select engines on download manager.
    4. Add generic browser detection to download manager (works in chrome, ff, but not in opera maxthon)
    5. Stop saying all trojan.generic (if you download Eicar 360 detect as eicar, but if is compressed 360 detect as trojan generic, wtf?)View attachment 15234
    6. Resize detection popup (is too big)
  3. Behavior Detector:
    1. Add some leves of protection.
    2. Add some levels of advices.
  4. Sandbox:
    1. 2 leves of sandbox:
      1. Generic mode (actual sandbox)
      2. Secure mode
        1. Block all internet connections as default (ask to user).
        2. Block interaction with Userfiles (Documents, img, etc. folders)
        3. Option to add folders to "userfiles" (to block interaction)
    2. AutoSandbox unknow files (and up to cloud)
  5. Firewall:
    1. Create new firewall or just take control off Windows firewall (binisoft)
    2. Some autorules (for example: explorer.exe need to connect to microsoft for SmartScreen and some other functions, allow this and block the rest)*
  6. Tool Box (add OPTION to install opional tools)
    1. Speedup
      1. User withelist
    2. Cleanup
      1. User withelist
    3. Patch Up
      1. User ignore list
and I answer: Qihoo calls its product Total security and no "360 Antivirus " or "360 clean and protect" and and I want truly Total security

I miss some functions, all add it with *

Last edited:

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I have reported this to Qihoo already, is anybody else having this problem? This has been happening since (at least) the 4.x versions.

When "Scan file when saved" is on (you may turn off other stuff to test this), it does not work properly unless I also turn on "File types to be monitored" -> "All files". To test, get any malware link, or Eicar test file, and download it. If it happens like here you won't receive any warning. But if you go to the folder and copy-paste the file, the new copy will be detected upon being saved.

Now if you turn on "monitor All files", and you try this test again, you will see that the malware file gets detected when it's downloaded (with a .part extension).

Also it is disturbing to notice that the test I just did to confirm this also showed that TS was unable to quarantine the found files for some reason.
If I need to download something I choose Save & then right click the file & choose scan with 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.