360 Total Security Essentials on Win 10 64

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I checked out Realtime Protection Test of AVComparatives for Qihoo 360 from 2014 till now. And it has always done well with few FPs.
So why people say its FPs prone?

i think would be good if they add Web protection in the AV & remove the need for extension.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If you download & install Bd offline signs & enable both manual/realtime scan... is a system restart required for Bd to work?
Coz I am testing in Shadow Defender & after installing Bd offline updates & enabling manual/realtime Bd is not detecting the harmless samples that most AVs including Bd & 360 detects at VT. 360 detects fine but Bd doesn't. I tested Bd with net disconnected as Bd is for offline protection too.
Harmless samples are from the site testmypcsecurity. Samples are trojansimulator, delete.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
If you need 360 to used both engines in real time you will have to run 360 in security mode,not balance or custom mode. Look up to the top left hand side of 360 & press on the lightning bolt to configure it.:)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If you need 360 to used both engines in real time you will have to run 360 in security mode,not balance or custom mode. Look up to the top left hand side of 360 & press on the lightning bolt to configure it.:)
Custom Mode should work too as it has the option to enable realtime protection of Bd & Avira.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,Friends!:)

Questions, Please! For Windows 10

> Did you turn off Windows Firewall? For installing?
> Did you turn off Windows Defender? For Installing?
> Wonder if you do NOT use their sandbox, can you use Sandboxie?:eek:
> Does Hitman Pro Alert work and without conflicts?
> Does Cryptoprevent work with conflict?
> Any Conflicts with Malwarebtyes,Shadow Defender, Time Freeze and Zemana?
> And having all engines enabled is their any slow down?:rolleyes:
> What are the benefits of Security Mode with 360 Total Security?

Kind regards,;)

Reactions: Der.Reisende

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
I checked out Realtime Protection Test of AVComparatives for Qihoo 360 from 2014 till now. And it has always done well with few FPs.
So why people say its FPs prone?

The version tested at AV-Comparatives came only with Bitdefender engine activated and QVM disabled. The false positives most of the time come from the QVM engine. QVM cannot be disabled by the user.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Capture.PNG

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014

> Did you turn off Windows Firewall? For installing?
> Did you turn off Windows Defender? For Installing?
> Wonder if you do NOT use their sandbox, can you use Sandboxie?:eek:
> Does Hitman Pro Alert work and without conflicts?
> Does Cryptoprevent work with conflict?
> Any Conflicts with Malwarebtyes,Shadow Defender, Time Freeze and Zemana?
> And having all engines enabled is their any slow down?:rolleyes:
> What are the benefits of Security Mode with 360 Total Security?

Kind regards,;)
Keep in mind this is for windows 7
- I use Comodo firewall and did not touch windows settings for firewall.
- I always disable my windows defender upon installation of windows so that it won't consume resources.
- No conflict. But why would you want to install another sandbox? 360 sandbox can function exactly like paid sandboxie (auto launch selected programs - browser - but I do not know whether it can recover files from its sandbox like sandboxie)
- No idea. Never have the need to install that. Comodo Firewall w/ autosandbox + 360 more than enough for me. Comodo firewall will kick in and autosandbox an unknown file. So if any cryptolocker were to be present, damage is confined to comodo's sandbox.
- Never used that. Refer to the previous post before this - (Comodo Firewall w/ autosandbox + 360 ). 360 already comes with it own antikeylogger protection
- For me no. Maybe because I have 4GB of RAM. Just enable the engines. If it slows you down, you can always disable them again.
- Security Mode - maximum protection settings - all engine enable + webcam protection.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014

> Did you turn off Windows Firewall? For installing? --- No
> Did you turn off Windows Defender? For Installing? --- No, the new AV does turn it off by itself usually (noticed this with BD IS, KIS and Qihoo)
> Wonder if you do NOT use their sandbox, can you use Sandboxie?:eek: --- I use Qihoo 360 TSE only, sorry. It does not work for all types of files, though (does not work with picture files, maybe some other, too)
> Does Hitman Pro Alert work and without conflicts? --- yes, like a charm
> Does Cryptoprevent work with conflict? --- Don't use that, sorry
> Any Conflicts with Malwarebtyes,Shadow Defender, Time Freeze and Zemana? --- As it comes for MBAM, yes, works, but MBAM brought down system performance alot when active protection was activated, dito Shadow Defender. Zemana works like a charm.
> And having all engines enabled is their any slow down?:rolleyes: --- not noticeable @ my systems (will post config if needed).
> What are the benefits of Security Mode with 360 Total Security? --- see Terry Ganzi's post

Kind regards,;)

Please refer to my answers next to your questions :) Cheers :)

Reactions: Logethica and Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.