App Review 360 Total Security Review

• Thread starter MalwareBlockerYT
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

This is my review of 360 Total Security - I do apologise for my voice in this video since I have a sore throat :(

360 "Total" Security - is the word "Total" misused to make the Anti-Virus sound better than it actually is? Stick around to find out!

Thanks for watching, hopefully you've enjoyed & I'll see you in the next video!

K

KGBagent47

Thread author
This video is a good example why signatures still matter. Bitdefender and Avira who are signature heavy would have improved this 360 total security test dramatically.

Comodo go AWAY, you are still at the end of the day dependent on the USER!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Ok, just a correction: quihoo doesn't have a behavioural blocker but HIPS. HIPS protects the system from any unwanted modification (registry, startup, code-injection, file modification). By default quihoo relys on QVMII which is an artificial intelligence engine, and quihoo cloud (seen only few times in action). Quihoo says that QVMII usually has a detection of 80%, but it seems to have gone down lately

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Ok, just a correction: quihoo doesn't have a behavioural blocker but HIPS. HIPS protects the system from any unwanted modification (registry, startup, code-injection, file modification). By default quihoo relys on QVMII which is an artificial intelligence engine, and quihoo cloud (seen only few times in action). Quihoo says that QVMII usually has a detection of 80%, but it seems to have gone down lately
Thanks for letting me know, I assumed it had a Behaviour Blocker :)

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Wow I can't believe how bad Quihoo 360 has gotten. I remember a couple years ago a few members were using 360 in the Malware Samples with just the Quihoo engine enabled and the detection was equal or exceeded that of paid.
Quihoo cloud engine detection rate decreased but it has Bitdefender and Avira engine to improve detection rate so Quihoo 360 still a good free AV.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
After testing at Default Settings why not switch to Security Profile and show everyone full strength of Quihoo 360, this would be more educational.
Because I test all AVs on the Default Settings since for a user which doesn't understand as much as we do here they would be using Default Settings. Also because if I then tested with the Avira & Bitdefender Engines enabled & tweaked settings the video would be 40 minutes long & I do not have time to be editing those sort of lengthy videos - I try to keep all of my videos below 20 minutes to reduce the voice over, scripting & editing time. If you knew how long it took to create these sorts of videos then you would do the same!

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
I think the test is awesome, I would never in a million years download or even purchase the program, ibutI think the test is miss leading because it includes Bitdefender & Avira for a reason,and i think the video should have included them also.
Other than that MalWare Blocker is super cool.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I think the test is awesome, I would never in a million years download or even purchase the program, ibutI think the test is miss leading because it includes Bitdefender & Avira for a reason,and i think the video should have included them also.
Other than that MalWare Blocker is super cool.
Thanks, but you have to understand that:

1) Yes the Avira + Bitdefender Engines are there, but they are disabled by default - Qihoo doesn't want these enabled by Default! So if you don't know what you're doing then the protection will be like the video shows.

2) I could have tested it with Avira + Bitdefender Engines, but what's the point? I have already tested Bitdefender twice & will be testing Avira soon.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for the test! Awesome like always! To me its really refreshing to actually hearing the reviewer talk themselfs , a real oldschool approach! Do you take requests? If so could you please do a head to head : avast internet security vs Norton security?
No problem, thanks for watching :) I do take some requests yes & if I can I will definitely try to do a video on that eventually - please do be seriously patient though. I have exams coming up, lots of coursework & videos to produce...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@MalwareBlockerYT,

Good test...

Good you tested default settings as those are Qihoo recommended & used by majority

Anyway, Bd & Avira enabled would have not made much difference...Bd/Avira signs are not latest, many hours old signs And Qihoo is an OK product...

Reactions: Der.Reisende

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
thanks for this test. we wanna see the performance and security level by default and not by tweaks from any av.

and there are lots of test with both engines...thats boring to see.

So thank u very much for your work. thats the reason why this forum is so excellent:)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Just one test. Next day it can perform 100% who knows. Dont take 1! test so serious.
I tested it in my VM also. It failed against some ransomwares. The detection rate with Cloud engine only was low as it was not able to detect all my old samples
I manually executed all ransomwares. It blocked some but missed some. If I clicked Block when the popups showed up, it blocked the samples but if I waited for some seconds before clicking, files were encrypted!!! When I clicked block, it was already late => not good, it should suspend the threads in the process before users can make the decisions or at least suspend for 30 seconds before the samples are automatically blocked

if we get a ransomware which encrypts our files within 1 second after execution -> done -> 360's popup won't help

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.