Battle 360 Total Security with Windows Firewall Vs Comodo Internet Security Premium

Cat_Volta

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 20, 2017
Hi everyone, im using 360 total security and bitdefender engine with microsoft firewall, but these day I have the curiosity about the comodo av and watching some test videos I have the doubt, configuring comodo is better that 360?

What antivirus soluttion you think is better in zero day,usb protection, etc.?

My problem with 360 its the updates of bitdefender always of days ago

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Hi everyone, im using 360 total security and bitdefender engine with microsoft firewall, but these day I have the curiosity about the comodo av and watching some test videos I have the doubt, configuring comodo is better that 360?

What antivirus soluttion you think is better in zero day,usb protection, etc.?

My problem with 360 its the updates of bitdefender always of days ago
Do u use Many usbs?
Also Zonealarm firewall is great ;)

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Just 2 but I use it in different machines (school, work, cafe internet, etc) so Im worried about external infections

I like zone alarm because is very light but I dont know...
You could try Avira free+ Zonealarm ,Avira has great Usb protection protection ;)

Avira is the lightest av tested by Av-comperatives

Otherwise you might try 360 TS Bitdefender+Avira engine And zonealarm ;)
( if you like 360 ts )
Extra safety add voodooshield

Zonealarm is really good believe me ;)

Check Point ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2017

It uses cloud and behavior to determine wich aplications/ips are trusted ;)

Last edited:

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'd suggest either Comodo Firewall on its own or paired with your preferred free AV.

Comodo's AV is absolutely awful and I'd suggest avoiding it at all costs. Pretty much any other prominent free AV out there is a better choice. It doesn't really matter which one you choose though as it's only there for signature detections; Comodo will handle any and all zero-days not known to the AV you choose.
Just be sure to set it up correctly:

Last edited:

Cat_Volta

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 20, 2017
You could try Avira free+ Zonealarm ,Avira has great Usb protection protection ;)

Avira is the lightest av tested by Av-comperatives

Otherwise you might try 360 TS Bitdefender+Avira engine And zonealarm ;)
( if you like 360 ts )

Zonealarm is really good believe me ;)

Check Point ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2017

It uses cloud and behavior to determine wich aplications/ips are trusted ;)
In the past I had really bad experience with avira so i don't like it very much, in my school every infected pc I see has avira, avast and panda so I dont trust them

Reactions: askmark

Cat_Volta

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 20, 2017
I'd suggest either Comodo Firewall on its own or paired with your preferred free AV.

Comodo's AV is absolutely awful and I'd suggest avoiding it at all costs. Pretty much any other prominent free AV out there is a better choice. It doesn't really matter which one you choose though as it's only there for signature detections; Comodo will handle any and all zero-days not known to the AV you choose.
Just be sure to set it up correctly:

So you think is better just add the comodo fw? but without hips right?

Here I see a lot of bad comments about the comodo av why is that?

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017

If you are really worried you should use Better than cf
Look at my post up for advice about 360 ts ;)

Ps u can also add voodooshield

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat_Volta

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I'd just stick with Avast Free + Windows Firewall. Avast has really good protection and lightness. 360 is pretty decent as well. I had issues with my computer running Avaria and Comodo Firewall. Avaria's scan time and system impact was terrible. Comodo Firewall's was even worse. It took my about 10 tries to uninstall CFW because it kept denying me. (Not together)

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017

Simply put: It doesn't detect anything. Comodo has never made any effort to improve it over the years and it's pretty much just there to conform to the ridiculous notion that you need a traditional AV to be protected. It's a complete waste of time and money on their part and certainly not worth using when there's so many better options.

Without HIPS, yes. The only thing they'd do with how CFW is setup in the video is you'd receive HIPS alerts for things running in the sandbox, which is pointless because anything running in the sandbox is unable to do anything to affect your system anyway.

Just follow cruelsister's setup video to the
letter and you're all set. Whether you add an AV to it is your choice but it's certainly not necessary.

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Without HIPS, yes. The only thing they'd do with how CFW is setup in the video is you'd receive HIPS alerts for things running in the sandbox, which is pointless because anything running in the sandbox is unable to do anything to affect your system anyway.
Doesn't Comodo Firewall not throw HIPS alerts on sandboxed applications?
Have you considered Windows Defender and Common Sence? They are better than any av out there ;)
Don't you use Comodo?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.