360 Total Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
Its Very Nice indeed. Uses Bitdefender and Avira Engines if installed also, uses glasswire as its firewall.

If you dont have necessity for the bloatware of 360 total go with the 360 Essential.

S

Sr. Normal

It´s very good. For me the best AV free, but I do not like the ethics of Qihoo

On the software it is excellent. If you have a relatively new computer, I recommend version TSE, since their work collaboration tools (startup accelerator, cleaning junk files ...) and brings a good firewall (even in beta) which is very stable

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Qihoo offer 2 versions for English-based language users.

360 Total Security and 360 Total Security Essentials, both version offer identical levels of protection from viruses and other malware. The difference being Essentials lacks any PC clean-up and maintenance services. It's user preference if you want to enable the Avira and Bitdefender engines.

Reactions: jackuars

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Qihoo is lightweight and good protection but has a lot of fp's from QVM engine

Reactions: Butterfly

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I am not getting any fp's on my Win7 computer. I do get a request to upload a file for analysis now & then but, it always comes back as Safe. You can try Webroot if your worried about fp's . You can reinstall the fp from Quarantine though so, a fp should not be that big of a deal.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Qihoo offers good protection from those license engines alongside of useful tools like Sandbox and HIPS for Free.

However not a good reason if you will not using the product due to privacy issues which will be always an isolated reason.

An alternative product for Comodo IS in such category.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
It says that this file can't be resfile. I had to format my pc :eek:

Reactions: marg

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Oh My...!!:eek::eek: I was not aware of that. I never had to restore a file myself. I just thought it worked.

Reactions: bayasdev

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Qihoo detects every unknown file as heur qvm malware gen .12345 or trojan qvm gen. This is the reason of the high detection rate of 0-days

Reactions: marg

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Captura_de_pantalla_21.png
Captura_de_pantalla_20.png

Qihoo detects Windows files as malware :eek: (only amtso testfile is) o_O
PD: this machine is recently formated ;)

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
In another pc qihoo 360TS only cloud and QVM deletes weather, sports, email app in real time, and it can't restore :eek:
(sorry for the confusión about this pc) ;)

Reactions: done

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Try reinstalling from store
These are system apps and couldn't be reinstalled, I try restore point, it failed and the start menu don't open. The solution was format and move to another antivirus solution

Reactions: done
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.