360 TS 5.0 Review

Product name
360 TS 5.0
Pros
  • 1. High detection rate
    2. Website blocking good
    3. Good registry Protection
    4. low on resource with default config. With all 5 engine enable uses around 170 - 230 MB of ram, but still no system slowdown.
    5. Very good registry protection
    6. Nice USB scanning feature
    7. Inbuilt tune up feature. Works almost same like CCleaner.
    8. Windows Update patch download through the product.
    9. Sandbox works great.
    10. Webcam and Kelogger protection
    11. Very good UI
    12. "Examine" feature is good. With one click you can boost your system, check vuris, clean junks and check WiFi security.
    13. Scan speed is good.
    14. Virus removal process is fast.
    15. Free
CONS
1. false detection. It detected latest VLC uninstaller file, google update file as threat.
2. Not sure how windows update patch works. I had all windows update installed, still it gave me notification to install extra update.
3. There is some bug with update process. Sometimes the manual update runs forever. Then you need to stop and recheck it to update again.
4. It has some conflict with VPN software ( Check Point Endpoint security). I had to "exit" 360 TS in order to install VPN. Otherwise it was not allowing to install VPN driver and was not giving any notification for the same.
BOTTOM LINE
I liked this product. Very good protection. Moreover it's free.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Sorry for not providing any video. My observations were over 2 days.
Also even if with all 5 engines on it was using good amount of RAM ( around 170 - 230 MB) still the system does not felt slow. Websurfing was fast.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Like you said in your post "sorry for not providing a video" It doesn't really matter to me because I like to read a review rather than watch one because I get lost watching it then I have to restart the video over and over.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Nice Review, Try to make a short one.

Are you asking me to make the review short or making a short video.

I can make short review. But I felt like sharing my experience with 360 TS :).

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
1. 360 Clound Scan Engine
2. System Repair Engine
3. QVM2 AI Engine
4. Bitdefender Engine
5. Avira Engine
Maybe it has 8 engines?

1. 360 Clound Scan Engine
2. System Repair Engine
3. QVM2 AI Engine
4. Bitdefender Engine
5. Avira Engine
6. Bitdefender Repair Engine
7. Avira Repair Engine
8. Bitdefender Cloud Engine

Just kidding.

I would say Qihoo has 3 engines. Chinese products always consider their own engine as multiple engines.

Reactions: Moose and Anupam

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.