App Review 360 TS vs Jemd

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
What I do not understand, if Quio 360 still uses the signatures of Bitdefender. and Bitdefender in VT if it detects it, Quio 360 because it does not detect it.
Thanks for sharing.:giggle:
Even when activated, Avira and Bitdefender engines are updated only once a day.
Support & FAQ | 360 Total Security
Apart from Bitdefender's own product, Tencent PC Manager is the only free antivirus which comes into my mind offering realtime Bitdefender signatures (it autoupdates multiple times an hour).

Apart from all the bloat Premium Features, upgrading to Premium doesn't offer any additional protection (apart from the Firewall, which wasn't that great when introduced, haven't tried Q360 for months now). I'd love to see Avira and Bitdefender updated more often in the paid version.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Kaspersky Free Antivirus 19.0.0.1088 (latest version)
The Jemd ransomware sample was not detected by the Kaspersky signatures, the proactive detection (System Watcher) was able to block and remove the ransomware.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
the 360TS better treats the virus than the norton and Gdata. But it was finally infected.If he was using the sandbox surely someone would understand that he is virus.I have said many times that 360 is not the best protection you can find.But if you use the sanbox and the document protector, and you put fast block at HIPS you have one very good protection .This is my experience after many years with 360TS

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Even when activated, Avira and Bitdefender engines are updated only once a day.
Support & FAQ | 360 Total Security
Apart from Bitdefender's own product, Tencent PC Manager is the only free antivirus which comes into my mind offering realtime Bitdefender signatures (it autoupdates multiple times an hour).

Apart from all the bloat Premium Features, upgrading to Premium doesn't offer any additional protection (apart from the Firewall, which wasn't that great when introduced, haven't tried Q360 for months now). I'd love to see Avira and Bitdefender updated more often in the paid version.
And if you instal the 360TS first time the signatures is very old. Maby you have update the next day. The most testers use the 360ts for only one test and the most tests is with very old signatures

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Qihoo works in 2 ways :
In house AI and Cloud engine.
Smart Hips with different annotations.
However 2 Module is worst,delayed user decision entirely changes the final status.
Bd and Avira engines are worst as per tests.
Pls do not compare stronger products like G data ,Norton to these unwAnted , development lacked stuff
Their CHinese version is a lot lot advanced over this.!

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
The results are not a comparison. It's just results. And they were all infected

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Qihoo would be incredible with all 3 engines + auto-sandbox feature. I doubt many of their users never use sandbox feature, since it needs to be applied manually. I would run qihoo and just sandbox browsers/ office tools, since they have usb protection and stuff

Not sure if the paid version has application control with their firewall

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Qihoo would be incredible with all 3 engines + auto-sandbox feature. I doubt many of their users never use sandbox feature, since it needs to be applied manually. I would run qihoo and just sandbox browsers/ office tools, since they have usb protection and stuff

Not sure if the paid version has application control with their firewall
Is not realy firewall. Is just monitor 360 Firewall makes your Internet connections safer and faster

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.