3722 malware, scanned by 4 AV's. here are the result's

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
so for my own amusement i grabbed my malware folder which ive been collecting for the past couple of month's containing 3722 malware samples and scanned them by ESET, Qihoo, MBAM and Agnitum.
just to compare their signature detection's and here are the result's:

Qihoo: 94.78% removed 3528 files
EEK (Emsisoft): 93.87% Removed 3494 files
ESET: 93.22% removed 3470 files
Agnitum: 76.19% removed 2836 files
MBAM: 71.86% removed 2675 files

Note: I did not do any other test's and we all know signature detection is not everything!

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Technically speaking, Malwarebytes isn't an Antivirus.

Nevertheless, will more results be coming? :)

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
i cannot test the Installer AV's since im doing this on my actual machine. im not a tester guys i just did this for the fun of it with the av's installed on my own machine and my wife's.

BUT i can test the online/portable scanner's, so ill try EEK and Tiranium online scanner.
ill update my first post with new result's.

Reactions: Venustus

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Removal is the most important to me! Unless your Anti Viruses are perfect. Looking forward to the your
tests. ;)

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
Tiranium and HouseCall both took more than 5 hours to finish scanning and cleaning and therefore i stopped them.

Nice test. Any reason just those 5 products were tested?
they were the ones i had on my machines on my home computers.

i dont have time to run VM's and do test's since im re-constructing and repairing the house but i might do more test's in the future when everything is more settled here ;)

Reactions: Infrared

Infrared

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Feb 15, 2014
Tiranium and HouseCall both took more than 5 hours to finish scanning and cleaning and therefore i stopped them.

they were the ones i had on my machines on my home computers.

i dont have time to run VM's and do test's since im re-constructing and repairing the house but i might do more test's in the future when everything is more settled here ;)
Thanks for testing some always helps to see which company keeps updated with the all the Malware these days.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.