Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Google has officially announced that every month the company are faced to an average of 4000 Government attacks.

On the occasion of the Fortune conference which is currently taking place in Aspen in Colorado, Diane Greene, vice-presidents of Google and member of the Board of Directors of the parent company Alphabet, expressed about security. In one of its latest headlines, Reuters reports that she announced an average of 4000 governmental intrusion attempts by month.

Like many companies, Google alert users when their account is believed to be the target of a governmental organization. Last October, Facebook announced wanting to do the same. Microsoft and Twitter have rallied to the cause two months later.

In the past, Google had asserted have deployed tens of thousands of warnings to users, which usually take the time to strengthen the security of their account later, for example by enabling two-factor authentication.

I wonder if they really warns users as they said when attacks come from government...
I wonder the aim of all these government attacks...(Security of country !? Just to see if Google and their users complies with the laws !?)
I wonder why I wonder so many things...

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Honestly if the goverment wanted to make sure I wasn't a terrorist by checking my phone I wouldn't make a fuss. (Unless I was a terrorist of course. :p) I mean sure privacy is privacy but if you don't compel to an officer or police man it IS a crime. People's lives are at risk and because of "privacy" it isn't a thing anymore.

DardiM

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Honestly if the goverment wanted to make sure I wasn't a terrorist by checking my phone I wouldn't make a fuss. (Unless I was a terrorist of course. :p) I mean sure privacy is privacy but if you don't compel to an officer or police man it IS a crime. People's lives are at risk and because of "privacy" it isn't a thing anymore.
What is sad : In a lot of countries, the "terrorist" is the government :rolleyes:

We can be happy when that's not the case for us ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Great share Darid, the blue fried my retna's but good share lol :p

Reactions: DardiM

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not sure how Google should help in such large scale conspiracy theory, since those possible sponsored attacks have least information to prove it.

Reactions: DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.