Troubleshoot 4G LTE

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I noticed wireless internet 4G LTE is not that reliable except for maybe surfing. Otherwise downloading apps updates or any kind of downloading is unbearable slow at times. The speed seems to go up then down repeatedly.

Is this normal?

It is with the top 3 carriers. This is mainly when moving in a car.

Reactions: Daljeet and upnorth
D

Deleted member 65228

None of us can tell you whether this is "normal" or not, signals and connection speed differs all the time between operator and location. Especially when on transport driving, objects around you could potentially interfere with the connection and as you move further away or towards the source of the connection, the signal strength will decrease/increase which affects speed.

For me, it's normal sometimes, but it depends on travel route. Sometimes it will work fine, other times it won't work as well. However my connection speed will be the same throughout all usage attempts, not for specific purposes better than another.

On that note, make sure your phone supports 4G otherwise you'll be forced onto 2G/3G.

Consult with your operator for further inquiries on your phone deal package if I were you, they will know more details than us about your phone package.

Upvote 0

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
In our country 4G speeds are pathetically slow. Though the service is 4G the speed is actually that of 3G.

Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I am satisfied with 4G speed from my provider. It also depends on many different factors, mobile power capabilities you have, closest base station, location you are in and if it is covered by 4G network, DNS servers, etc. Paying about 10€ month for a unlimited 4G data plan for a 1 device, tho I have a special plan.

4y old LG K10
Screenshot_2018-03-18-09-21-10.png

and here are 2y old Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016)
20180318_093125.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: harlan4096
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.