7 hours of fighting FFF5EE, and still getting dllhost.exe alerts

Eric Hoell

New Member
Used Malware-bytes which blocks the outbound requests, but cannot find the virus in scan. Used delfix, JRT, Security Check, and even SpyHunter (which was a scam because you MUSt pay for it)
 

Attachments

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​
Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Followed instructions. The "fix" has been running for about 2 hours.

Screen reads "Fixing is in progress. Please wait..." Green status bar continues to scroll. How long might this take. Is there a problem, or do I need to be more patient? Thank you!
 
I saved the file and the program in a subfolder on the c drive (not desktop). That couldn't be a problem, would it? Both were saved into the same folder c:\temp\virus Ran as administrator. I stopped Webroot and malwarebtyes before starting this process.
 
? Remove temp files, and kill process and restart? Or remove temp files while it is still running? Or remove temp files, and wait for a next step?
 
Ok. Thank you. I killed the FRST64.exe process.

Then, I moved both FRST64.exe and the Fixlist.txt you provided to the desktop and restarted FRST65.exe running ad Administrator. It farily quickly made a 30k fixlog.txt file. Currently continuing to run. How long should I let it run before reaching back out to you?
 
Possibly. I didn't want to do anything until I heard back from you. I can try to reboot it and let it get online and see what happens. IS that ok for me to test?
 
:) Nice! Argus, thank you so much. Looks perfect. Is there a trick to generating the Fixlist.txt file? You have been extremely helpful, thank you.
 
Glad I could help :)



Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top