Google Chrome
Maintenance tools
CCleaner

8-Bit Ghetto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2016
I don't know what to say about my security level But I think is good enough to protect me without any issues or any performance sacrifice to run these two. As matter of fact, Norton and Malwarebytes works great together, and they are unobtrusive in the background.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
It is good apart from backups. I think you should save your most important documents/photos on a Cloud Storage option there are lots of Free ones like Onedrive ,Mega,Dropbox. That is what I do. :)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Good to see more Norton users :)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium will catch anything Norton misses (which won't be much). You could add HTTPS Everywhere and switch AdBlock Plus to Adguard or uBlock Origin.

Backing up your personal files:
File History is in WIndows 10 I reccomend you use it, same with OneDrive.

Important! You need at least one sull system image just in case you get a malware infection or some kind of system error: Best Free Backup Software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista, XP

Well. I have nothing that important on my machine anyway, just couple of my adult 18+ collections.
That's not the point you don't want to buy a new PC right? Serious errors or malware infections can't always be fixed or removed FULLY and without a backup, how can you go back, your PC would still be infected or have errors and worst case scenario = You need yo buy a new PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I don't know what that mean, but I like to keep my account information on my notebook paper rather than store it to the software.
Keeping information such as passwords separately is a very good practice.:) If you do choose to test drive a password manager, they can make life quite simple while also using 256 encryption security. Info is not stored on your system, yet is readily accessible via a master password, or passphrase, only you would know. @Sr. Normal's suggestion of LastPass www.lastpass.com offers a free extension (or binary app for Internet Explorer) and is among my family's favorite add-ons!:)

It was encouraging to see many highly regarded programs already included on your configuration including MBAM & Hitman Pro. You may also consider an anti-exploit protection for your browser. Free versions are available through either of their developers.
  1. Anti-Exploit Premium - Premium Zero-Day Exploit Protection
  2. HitmanPro.Alert - SurfRight
Here's a very helpful & informative article, "You mouse click matters" written by our fellow member, Nico@FMA: Your Mouseclick Matters Guide

Thank you for sharing your configuration, and allowing us to share with you!:D

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
ABP as an extension does it job just fine. If OP didnt run any Ad Blocker, then yes I would recommend one, but because ABP is already on it, I do not see the need to recommend user to switch to uBlock Origin or Adguard.

Sure, the 2 mentioned outperform ABP to a certain extend, but that does not mean ABP does not do its job, because it does.

Additional extensions such as HTTPS are just quality of life, so its advised but not recommended.

New users who read configs will simply think they are required to run x amount of browser extensions when there isnt, aside from an Ad Blocker extension. Please take this into consideration when recommending extensions.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would still recommend a back up solution such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good free and reliable version. ;)

Reactions: Noxx and Rishi

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Normally I would comment on your config but since I had to look through 13 off topic posts and delete them I will just comment on this.
Seriously ? 13 posts deleted about the members avatar and comments about adult pics and the forum rank structure :mad:
Next time this happens warnings will be given and if you happen to be have had any previous warnings a ban. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

If you want to have a chat type conversation do it elsewhere but not in the forums.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Great and straightforward configuration. MBAM is fine though but you may go for some alternatives like Zemana AM's Realtime protection powered by pandora technology to obtain better detection even zero day. ;) Backup can be flexible so don't rely only into one plan. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.