90 Minutes a Day, Until 10 p.m.: China Sets Rules for Young Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Hi Umbra, Oten and show-Zi. Have any of you been to Chinatown in New York City? It is flat-out awesome. The residents in general are more New Yorker than I am. The street shows are amazing. It's not putting "a feet in," but it's a taste.
not in New York, but those in Washington, California; and Chinatowns in Canada or France.

I, myself, was referring to a repressive regime, using what is widely reported in the press. It's a Westerner's view.
Exactly, westerner view. So mostly uninformed unless living there for years and even expats won't know more than they see.
Sure it is not democracy, but most people (who aren't activists) are quite happy lately. Even Westerners expats are happy there, doing businesses, marry Chinese women and have kids. Most don't even want go back to their native country.

Here is a thought: would you representing your nation deliberately flood the streets and store shelves of an opposing nation with lead-based cosmetics wearing fake labels? Profit from knock-offs of handbags, clothes, etc? Electronics?
Do you think this monopoly of China? counterfeiters are in every countries, China is mentioned first because due to the size of the country and manpower, hence bigger quantities.
and if you go mentioning toxic products, what about the US poisoning the world exporting cigarettes/tobacco since almost a century? Do you feel good representing the gtreat America, when people die of cancer because of it? Cigarettes kills more than any fake cosmetics or electronics. The world is so addicted to it, despite knowing what they are made of, that you can't even stop the production...
About fakes, who cares of a fake Gucci bags or Iphone, it won't kill you and if you are not an idiot, you would know that a 100$ Gucci bag is probably fake. No one forces you to buy it.

1- China is no friend of the US and never will be.
2-But I admire the culture so. I'd like to think it's totally separate but it's not, sadly.
1- competitive countries, China's power consistently growing, they want their shares of the world, what you expect?

If you want to generalize, that's your perogative. But I personally read carefully what someone posts before making jokes and conclusions like that. It's the intelligent thing to do.
i don't generalize, it is real life experience. I lived in Europe, now in Asia, went in school and have family in USA; so no i don't just read news.
if you knew me enough, im not new in this forum. You would know i rarely talk about what i don't know.

The conclusion is that no country is innocent, some wrong-do openly, others secretly and via disguised means. after all, you don't become a world leading power just by being benevolent...would be naive to think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Venustus

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well, I have nothing against the Chinese, it seems to me an interesting and ancient culture, but I don't agree with the Chinese regime like Cuba, I like Cuba and the Cubans and they also speak Spanish in a nice way but I don't agree With its rulers.:)

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Well, I have nothing against the Chinese, it seems to me an interesting and ancient culture, but I don't agree with the Chinese regime like Cuba, I like Cuba and the Cubans and they also speak Spanish in a nice way but I don't agree With its rulers.:)
rulers and citizens are different things. but nothing is black or white, even the most ruthless regime have some good ideas, it is just the way they implement it which is perceived as criminal by outsiders' perception.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
rulers and citizens are different things. but nothing is black or white, even the most ruthless regime have some good ideas, it is just the way they implement it which is perceived as criminal by outsiders' perception.
90 Minutes a Day, Until 10 p.m.: China Sets Rules for Young Gamers.
It sounds bad.:sneaky:

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

90 Minutes a Day, Until 10 p.m.: China Sets Rules for Young Gamers.
It sounds bad.:sneaky:
Not to me, 10pm is reasonable, kids shouldn't go sleep late. 1h30 is normally the free time available to kids.
You come back from school at what 5pm, eat your snack and clean yourself take 1h max, at 6pm start do your homework which last 1-2h, then have dinner around 8pm for 30mn, then you game 2 hours max until 10-10h30pm. Time you should go sleep.
Nothing abnormal, if I was a parent it is how it would be.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
As a father I see it well, but not because the government imposes it on me.:sneaky:
This is also why I compared China to a family. Originally, I think that game regulation should be done by parents. However, in China, the government guides the people from a parental standpoint. It is not the point of being wrong or strange, but the fact that China is functioning with such rules.

@plat1098
About imitations. I think that the beginning of Japan's rapid growth after the World War was imitation. Of course, it's illegal and I can't agree with making a profit, but if there is a possibility of growth there, I think that there are aspects where imitation is not all bad.🤔

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
This is also why I compared China to a family.

I don't have an insider's view so I use Hong Kong as an example. If the Communist Chinese government was so warm -n-fuzzy, there wouldn't be these sustained and violent protests occurring in such an otherwise peaceful and prosperous nation. As the signs throughout NYC say: I stand with Hong Kong. You don't need to put your bare hand on a hot stove ring to understand that it's gonna hurt you.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I don't have an insider's view so I use Hong Kong as an example. If the Communist Chinese government was so warm -n-fuzzy, there wouldn't be these sustained and violent protests occurring in such an otherwise peaceful and prosperous nation. As the signs throughout NYC say: I stand with Hong Kong. You don't need to put your bare hand on a hot stove ring to understand that it's gonna hurt you.
Take back long-time acquired privileges, people fight. Same as everywhere.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think that the fact that the Chinese people have learned a lot of information through the spread of the Internet is also a factor.

I think North Korea is doing the same kind of surveillance well. As long as you follow the Lord in a closed room, there is peace. Troubles begin when you look at other lifestyles from the window.

Returning to the main topic, I am interested in the opinions of Chinese people. Are these regulations acceptable? I have the feeling that illegal acts will increase.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I am interested in the opinions of Chinese people. Are these regulations acceptable? I have the feeling that illegal acts will increase.
Sounds very reasonable even in my ears/view.

I wonder if the Chinese genuine professional Esport ( electronic sport ) competitors aren't hurt by this as one don't need to know and understand China as a system or a country, to understand sport can't be restricted to that few amount of hours. Computer Gaming is Not A Sport! :rolleyes: In my country Esport is even Live streamed from time to time on the public service main channels.

Last edited:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I think that the fact that the Chinese people have learned a lot of information through the spread of the Internet is also a factor.

I think North Korea is doing the same kind of surveillance well. As long as you follow the Lord in a closed room, there is peace. Troubles begin when you look at other lifestyles from the window.

Yes.

The cell phone has changed many cultures... as people can start to have cognizance of a larger and different world with many potential choices. Some have indicated that the birth rates in Africa have decreased as a direct result of women being able to see that there are different choices that can be made.

Maybe Japanese women too can see that they don't really have to be judged by their looks at work all the time... #メガネ禁止

I for one totally support show-Zi wearing glasses at work or anywhere else... even when you are here with us at MT. :)

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I for one totally support show-Zi wearing glasses at work or anywhere else... even when you are here with us at MT. :)
I agree!
yw0j9OWW_o.jpg

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Yes.

The cell phone has changed many cultures... as people can start to have cognizance of a larger and different world with many potential choices. Some have indicated that the birth rates in Africa have decreased as a direct result of women being able to see that there are different choices that can be made.

Maybe Japanese women too can see that they don't really have to be judged by their looks at work all the time... #メガネ禁止

I think this article is an extreme example. There should not be so many companies that point out so far. Regarding the use of glasses, both men and women are popular as fashion items.
00.png
As for e-sports, I speculate that China has a policy of providing professional education.:unsure:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Actually, on this morning's US news show, there was a segment on a grass roots movement in Japan to eliminate making high heels "mandatory" for women in the workplace. You expect things like "why can't women wear flats like the men do," yet a woman says "why aren't men wearing high heels also, then?" Ha!

Coming back to the Chinese discussion: China's Muslim 'crackdown' explained

Someone already mentioned camps here and I shudder to think what the press is NOT reporting. It's a spectrum of oppression. This latest 90 minute gaming thing is on the lighter side. But oppression it is (to me) Try this in the US, watch it fall over like a lead balloon. Thing is, the US is lagging in many things, education included. (n)

Edit: venustus: GREAT thread, thank you. Really captured my interest, hopefully many others feel the same. :)

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Actually, on this morning's US news show, there was a segment on a grass roots movement in Japan to eliminate making high heels "mandatory" for women in the workplace. You expect things like "why can't women wear flats like the men do," yet a woman says "why aren't men wearing high heels also, then?" Ha!

Coming back to the Chinese discussion: China's Muslim 'crackdown' explained

Someone already mentioned camps here and I shudder to think what the press is NOT reporting. It's a spectrum of oppression. This latest 90 minute gaming thing is on the lighter side. But oppression it is (to me) Try this in the US, watch it fall over like a lead balloon. Thing is, the US is lagging in many things, education included. (n)

Edit: venustus: GREAT thread, thank you. Really captured my interest, hopefully many others feel the same. :)
Women who can walk faster with high heels are better than sprinters👠. I think men can never do it.🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

I think there is strange guidance in any country. In Japanese junior high school, there is still a place to specify underwear color. Only an ambiguous answer is returned as to what it means.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Men should also practice with high heels.
Well, it must be said that a woman with heels looks more elegant.(y)

I don't see the question of underwear well, why? because he already loses his charm by knowing the color of the underwear:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.