Not open for further replies.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
They are still in early betas, this one .222 seems more stable than previous...

About license, They are going to change the license structure so I don't have mucho info about it yet...

Anyway, as always, those who already have K2016 & K2017 valid licenses should work in also K2018, Their licenses always follow the rule -1/+3...

Screen shots coming soon ;)

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Some screen-shots of the upcoming KS Cloud (Family License):
1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png

koko

Level 5
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Agree, but I think They are always improving modules such as "System Watcher" and Heur, with every new release also new changes come in different protection modules... but I know, They are very meager in words explaining the new changes...

You can check Updatable modules beta-testing here: Kaspersky Lab Forum -> Updatable modules beta-testing

koko

Level 5
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
A new and more complete screen-shots gallery of new upcoming features: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Taken from beta thread:
Hello everyone, We would like to present You a new product in our 2018MR0 release. New features list of KS:

Kaspersky product - detects other Kaspersky Lab products on device.
Child Detection – detects usage by a child, parent will be suggested to install Safe Kids.
Weak settings - detection of OS weak places.
Weak password - detects bad/weak passwords, user will be suggested to install KPM (Kaspersky Password Manager).
Duplicate password - detects same passwords for several important resources, user will be suggested to install KPM (Kaspersky Password Manager).
Security news - latest news from the world of cybersecurity.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have a feeling that "Weak Settings" is just a renaming of "Vulnerability Scan". :D
Yes and no... this module is also related to Windows System weak settings, and although Kaspersky currently shows some of them, it seems with this module They have improved the number and the info about them.

More info in a Word document in this link: Board Message

Last edited:

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Want to test this program out, but can't figure out how to activate a beta trial? Any ideas?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Which version do You want to test? KTS, KAV, KIS or the new KSC (Kaspersky Security Cloud)?

Reactions: Berny and Polygon

SKG2016

Level 1
Verified
Dec 19, 2016
I have tested this product,

Not much improvement over KTS in terms of protection, and, the weak setting detection is not a new feature but an improvement to vulnerability scan. However I noticed the license is for 20 computers so I reckon it is for smaller businesses or big family. (please refer to Bitdefender family pack)

I really think KTS and SAAS(Kaspersky Security Cloud) in 2018 (stable release), only one prevails and become the successor of KTS 2017 since they are way too similar. However, there may be additions of features during the beta test which may make SAAS stand out against KTS.

For now, seriously I would say they are way too similar.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Reactions: Berny
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.